Constant in one area?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Constant in one area?

Postby reanne2489 on October 4th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Hi again all,

I know I have posted a lot recently...I'm trying to come to terms with so much happening in a short period of time.

My question is, many people here will describe their symptoms being wide spread, or having "hot spots", but for many BFS'ers, their hot spots seem to come and go, and are also usually symmetrical across their body.

I am scared that whilst I get distinctive twitches across my body throughout the day, my left calf NEVER stops- not for this past month. It is obviously much worse when at rest. Just feels like vibrating/ buzzing and causes me to toss and turn at night.

I initially thought I had restless legs but my right leg only gets the odd pulsating twitch - nothing at all comparable to the left leg. And as I mentioned before, my entire left leg has less muscle tone than the right- almost an inch less at the top of my thigh! I also have a support brace for my left knee due to its thinness compared to the right.

Is there anyone else on here who has one limb/ area that is absolutely constant for twitching? I mean from going to sleep and waking up with it again?
reanne2489

Re: Constant in one area?

Postby MarioMangler on October 4th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Of course, that's what a hot spot is. Nearly everyone with BFS has something like that at one point or another.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on October 4th, 2014, 8:30 pm

The sole of my left foot always feels like something is going on inside it. From day one. Almost 2 mos ago. The right one very often as well but not as crazy as the left. Freaks me out too
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS