Prov 3:5

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Prov 3:5

Postby GCU1260 on October 4th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Hi everyone! I've been looking at this site for about a year now. I just recently joined the group so I could read through veteran post. I like the way Mario, Johnny the jet, and others have come to an understanding of what BFS can do to your mental state. The fear that we all get can be gripping. I notice how fed up some of the veterans become at the irrationality of some of the new Bfs'ers. I wanted to post my experience and thoughts because after a year of using the site to reduce my anxiety, I hope I can do the same for someone else. I started having a slight tremor last year in my left hand, googled it, got worried about MS. As my anxiety increased I noticed a twitch in my tricep, then chest, googled it and got freaked out about (you know) and then twitches all over. I'm at the place where I can spell it out, but I used to hate to read the letters. I even would find the letters in other words. So anyway, I went to the Nueroligist who said essential tremor in the left hand. I continued to twitch for four to five months and I went back to the Nueroligist. He said there was nothing wrong but to calm my anxiety did an Emg,seizure type test, nerve test, and Mri. All was normal. Went back to him six months later because of a constant twitch in my forearm for 3 month (still there) and he again said nothing wrong. He did say I need to learn to calm my anxiety. I didn't trust him so I recently went to another Nuerologist. She did a ton of clinical and said nothing was wrong. So, I know it's hard to belive and let sink in. My wife,parents, sisters, and friends at work are are all suprised by how irrational this can make someone. I have tried to trust in God with all of this and used many scriptures. I don't want anyone to have to go through the fear that I know can come with this. I won't be sticking around this site, because the relief that this site provides is only temporary. You have to keep coming back for reassurance. I'm not judging anyone that's just my own experience. To all of the veterans, thanks. I really pray that everyone gets peace from the anxiety, I know its a work in progress.
GCU1260

Re: Prov 3:5

Postby MarioMangler on October 4th, 2014, 1:31 pm

:D

Thank you, glad I could help.

And I agree with you that leaving the site is probably best for most people. Get in, get what you need, and run far away. Otherwise you just get stuck in the looking for reassurance cycle, and that doesn't really help anyone.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Re: Prov 3:5