Cancel emg?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Cancel emg?

Postby LKP1231 on October 2nd, 2014, 10:50 am

I posted but it disappeared. Anyway thank you for all the support. I see how easy it is to doubt. I'm trying to push past that which I hope will come in time
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Xina535 on October 2nd, 2014, 12:38 pm

congrats on the good news!!! (well, not on the other pinched and carpal stuff)....but you made it through!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on October 2nd, 2014, 12:51 pm

LKP1231 wrote:Well I had it and altho there were 2 spots w facics they are due to discs in back and neck and pinched nerves. Some carpal tunnel too. He and the PA said specifically No ***. Now I see why it's hard to believe when things are found but explained. Also said take B12 vitamin. Trying to breathe now.

Good news !! I understand You , after so much fear it is hard to Calm Down , but repeat for yourselves that They Said no A..
Do you have A follow up visit ? I do in 2 months but i have not received The apointment , he Will send me A letter.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on October 2nd, 2014, 12:55 pm

My follow up is Nov 20 but that is routine because of the physical therapy. He did not say any further testing was necessary.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby tschloer on October 2nd, 2014, 1:08 pm

I had mine thie morning as well, EMG and Nerve Conductivity test, both had good/clean results. Wants to see me back in January but thinks my issues are stress/anxiety related.
tschloer
Interested
Interested

Postby LKP1231 on October 2nd, 2014, 1:43 pm

Glad to hear it tshloer. Can't argue with clean.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby LKP1231 on October 2nd, 2014, 1:48 pm

I do have to credit Mario here. Altho I needed for myself to have the emg, the fact that facics showed altho explained, leaves me slightly questioning. So I wonder if it were totally clean would I have found another question? I refuse to run back for another or see another dr. But it's a fight with myself.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby MarioMangler on October 2nd, 2014, 2:25 pm

Don't beat yourself up over it, you won't be the first person to get an EMG then come home and immediately doubt it. It happens so much around here that is practically one of the stages of having BFS.

The trick, of course, is to realize how silly this is and to stop yourself from going back and turning this into an endless quest. If you start doing that, that is when BFS stops being your problem and you start becoming your problem. You just have to learn to stop being so OCD and stop "I have to know what this is!!!!!" over everything, and just start accepting the sensations and learn to deal with symptom management. That is when things will start to get better. But the #1 step is you have to get past the running back to the doctors every couple of months cycle.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on October 2nd, 2014, 2:30 pm

You are so right. I think my husband will freak if I tell him I'm going back or to another doctor! He sat in the room with me for the whole appt (my request) so he would have the same info I do. My energy now is going to be used to find every way to get past this and regain the life I so desperately wanted to continue!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby trustme78 on October 3rd, 2014, 1:39 am

Very happy for you LKP1231! I don't say I am relieved because I had no doubts that the results would come back clean :-) But I am aware how stressful these last days must have been for you!
trustme78

Postby LKP1231 on October 21st, 2014, 6:58 pm

Reading this annoys me. Wish I'd been strong enough not to have the test and wish that first neuro hadn't explained things wrong in the beginning prompting too many questions and too much info. What neuro says fascics but means something else. Ugh
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Questions About BFS