Panic - twitches on back of hand

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Panic - twitches on back of hand

Postby Loobaj on October 2nd, 2014, 2:16 am

Hi all

I'm really worried as I have developed new twitches on the backs of my hand, usually just a single little twitch - anyone else get these?!!!

Can't stop looking for them now, and worried it's a bad sign!
Thanks
Loobaj

Re: Panic - twitches on back of hand

Postby MarioMangler on October 2nd, 2014, 2:34 am

Any twitch is the same as any other twitch. It doesn't matter where it is.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Loobaj on October 2nd, 2014, 4:32 am

Thanks for that. I'm actually seeing a therapist who is also a nutritionist, she is going to pass on some info on some super duper magnesium that she thinks might help. I'll post the info on here if people are interested but I'm sure most have tried that. Thanks again X
Loobaj

Postby RGB on October 2nd, 2014, 11:59 am

We can move our hands because hands have muscles and muscles twitch. So twitching hands are just like all the other harmless twitches. It is easy to fall into the trap that "new" twitches are some kind of progression but they are just the same thing going on in a different place.

Yes, I've had twitches on the back of my hand and 18 months later I am typing this at incredible speed without a single mistake (although some of that is due to the spell-checker :) )

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby NeedAssurance on May 16th, 2015, 1:51 am

RGB wrote:We can move our hands because hands have muscles and muscles twitch. So twitching hands are just like all the other harmless twitches. It is easy to fall into the trap that "new" twitches are some kind of progression but they are just the same thing going on in a different place.

Yes, I've had twitches on the back of my hand and 18 months later I am typing this at incredible speed without a single mistake (although some of that is due to the spell-checker :) )

RGB

This is a very reassuring quote
NeedAssurance
Interested
Interested

Postby leaflea on May 17th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Every once in a while, I catch a glimpse of a single muscle twitch on the back of the hand. A quick jump I cannot replicate voluntarily if I try. It is disturbing, but no more so than any other involuntary movement we have. Good Luck - its all the same.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS