Finger/hand twitch

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Finger/hand twitch

Postby christo on October 2nd, 2014, 11:27 am

I have currently a hotspot on the left middle finger, lasting for 5 weeks and counting. This twitch is so strong that it makes the whole finger moves and is very disturbing when using my fingers like typing. It's doing it right now.
I have searched on the board and found some post about this kind of twitch but not that much and, I think, not as annoying as mine. Mine is really really bothering me in everyday life, and until now my twitches never did.
So, I thought it could not be BFS. I didnt think it was ALS either, but maybe something else, maybe cubital entrapment (my first EMG 2 years ago showed some slow nerve conduction in this area) or another disease like parkinson or whatever.
I decided I needed to see my neuro and I had a really fast appointment because someone else canceled.

Clincal exam : clean
Nerves conduction test : clean (no more problems in the cubital area)
Needle EMG : clean (left arm and left leg)

So here is my testimony for the others members having something like me, don't worry, it's still BFS. This thing will probably drives you nuts but won't hurt you. I still can't believe that my hand could be almost useless sometimes and I still have nothing showing up on the EMG. I will try to make a video and post it online so you can see how much the finger moves.

Take care,

Christophe
christo
Hero
Hero

Re: Finger/hand twitch

Postby kitras219 on October 2nd, 2014, 11:45 am

As far as I know twitching rarely is true fascics and fascics are so common (rarely means something deadly serious).
If your clinical exam is good and emg clear then you dont have to worry.
Maybe you should look for some neuropathy or metabolic disease.

I twitch a lot in hands.
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
kitras219

Re: Finger/hand twitch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics