New Here

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New Here

Postby jwb33w on October 1st, 2014, 12:51 pm

I posted in the wrong forum area sorry about that. I believe it should go on this sub forum.

Hello everyone, been reading the boards for a couple months and decided to join recently. My twitching started back in June in my left bicep and I really didn't think much about it at the time. Then I noticed a month later my hamstrings would twitch after my jogs and long walks, started to get a little anxious but didn't really freak out. Then late one night I was watching the Pete frates interview on Espn and went straight to google and now the twitching has gone everywhere. Now I vibrate in all my limbs especially when I'm about to lay down and my arms and legs feel like rubber. I feel drained all the time now as well and shake when use them for just about anything. My feet arches have a constant ache feeling too. So now my feet are constantly "pre-cramp" feeling and I fear the disease is starting to progress. I have another doctors appt on the 10th of Oct to go over my blood results which will probably come back normal and I'm still in limbo of whether I should ask for a neuro referral or not.

Went to the doc yesterday after four months of this and he didn't seem concerned. Checked reflexes they were fine but my left knee was slightly more brisk than the right; I'm left side dominate. Anyways still very worried and I pray I'm one of you guys instead of the alternative.

I'm a 30 year old male and a recent father in July so I want to be here for my family
jwb33w

Re: New Here

Postby garym on October 1st, 2014, 1:10 pm

jwb33w wrote:I posted in the wrong forum area sorry about that. I believe it should go on this sub forum.

no worries, welcome to the forum. Try not to stress over this, sounds like everything is ok given the lack of concern of your doctor....most of us started out exactly as you describe and we are all still doing fine.

take care,
gary
garym

Postby jwb33w on October 1st, 2014, 1:18 pm

thanks Garym, I noticed you are from the lone star state. I am originally from Houston but was stationed in Savannah, GA all these years in the Army. I am actually trying to get back to Houston within the next few months as a police officer...hopefully that is with a clean bill of health!
jwb33w

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS