Twitching going on for 4 months! Need advice!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching going on for 4 months! Need advice!

Postby Jarick19 on September 24th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Hi, I'm new to this site and need some reassurance! My twitching started about 4 months ago now, it started in my eye and slowly started spreading everywhere! The 1st month I was so scared that I actually went to the er, there they did a ct scan and everything came out alright, as for my twitching the doc said that I should see a neuro. But I haven't cause I'm scared of the outcome. I usually get sore from time to time but I don't have any weakness, I catch myself doing random strength test but that's the only thing that helps me feel better! Please help!
Jarick19

Re: Twitching going on for 4 months! Need advice!

Postby Yuliasir on September 25th, 2014, 12:24 am

Hello Jarick
wonder a bit what kind of help we can do for you? (Suppose we can not do you a virtual strength test wich as per your report is the only thing making you feel better). We also can not treat anxiety online :) we try of course but much better results are available when a person affected takes its own efforts in that way :)

Talking seriously, one may say you should not afarid of outcome regarding neuro visit. What you report is a very typical BFS onset picture (started in they eye, then widespread).I had the samme and tons of people here too, and having twithichg for 4 months without any other issues worth to note means that most probably the neuro will tell you that your twitches are harmless.

However local experience also tells me that the outcome for you may be still bad becasue people like we usually do not trust the doctor and get deeper and deeper in fears. And only after months and years of real tortures, mental and sometimes even physical (self-test may attain incredibly torturing forms, as they are obsessive actions), our fellows may understand that YES! The root issue was not twitching but anxiety and fears, and start to treat those root causes - usually with the very good results.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Jarick19 on October 1st, 2014, 12:16 am

Yea I know what you mean, I just need to stop being scared! But it's hard, I've been an active guy for almost all of my life! I mean I'm only 24! It's just a scary thought you know
Jarick19

Postby Xina535 on October 1st, 2014, 5:52 pm

Hi Jarick, I feel you. I was deadly afraid to go to the neuro, paralyzed scared. I've been 5 times in total now, 3 different neuros. That should speak to what Yulia said....."deeper and deeper"

Many of us strength test, and obsess. We are here to support you in helping you know you are not alone, and if you have questions which we may be able to answer based on our experience. But as a BFSer of over 1 year now, I suggest this to you: try not to worry if twitching is your only thing. There are lots of young athletic people that twitch and it's common and harmless. By 4 months if it were harmful I believe other symptoms would have presented themselves. Try techniques to get you to deeply relax, do things that make you happy, don't be online googling and I would even say stay off of here if you can....but if you need to come here, we will hear your cries, so to speak. But definitely see a doctor when you feel you should. Again, twitching 4 months and no weakness or other stuff, leans towards benign. Remember, in most cases of the sinister stuff, weakness comes first.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on October 1st, 2014, 7:19 pm

I feel you too. Scared of not knowing but scared of knowing. I have my emg tomorrow and my twitching has only been 7 weeks which would be a short time for weakness to occur. I think I'd feel more comfortable with 4 months behind me. At that point there should be something else if there's anything serious. But I'm going because what else can I do.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group