Back from EMG

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back from EMG

Postby Bibi on September 18th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Hi All
Today i had The EMG after twitching for 5 months , specially in left foot And Calves but also " everywhere Else" back , arms, shoulders , face etc. The neuro Who did The EMG told me that They Would Only dó The left arm and leg and only if there where anormalities here They Would do other places . I told her that i have some kind off hoarse Voice for The last week , but she Said that They Would only do The tounge if They saw something in my limbs. She did A very thorough EMG in both arm and leg , The needle was placed different places in each muscle and with my muscle relaxed and more or less tensed. After The EMG she conferered with another neuro and told me that My EMG was totally clean , absolute no signs of MND. I asked what it could be then and she only Said " physiological " fascikulations . She Will send The EMG results to The neuro Who send me for EMG and i have to go back to him in A couple of months. I am relieved and Think that if i had twitching for 5 months in my foot and it was ALS it Would have shown on The EMG done in my left leg. As for my Bulbar fear i hope i Can put this to rest also . I am still in A kind off " alert " and have to Calm Down. But today i am :D
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Back from EMG

Postby LKP1231 on September 18th, 2014, 6:44 pm

I'm so glad for you! I hope I can share news like this on 2 weeks!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby German2 on September 29th, 2014, 5:55 am

Dear Bibi!

great!! Now you are out of the story and you can come back to a normal life!! No longer worrying about your symptoms. They are definetely benign...congratulations!!
German2
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on September 29th, 2014, 11:24 am

German2 wrote:Dear Bibi!

great!! Now you are out of the story and you can come back to a normal life!! No longer worrying about your symptoms. They are definetely benign...congratulations!!
German2

Hi German

Thank You ! I really try to keep up The spirit, but as so many others here , i have some issues that i hardly cant ignore.
A week before my EMG i began to have something with my Voice , i have to clear my throath all The time and i Think it is hard to sing out loud. And i have A very stiff feeling in my Right thigh and over my knee. But The did only The EMG on the left side ,The left arm and leg, because i had told The neurologist that most off my Twitches is here. I asked if They could see " something " on The EMG done in leg and arm if there was something Bulbar but The neuro that did The EMG Said that this could only be seen with A needle in The tounge , but They Would only do that if there was something in The arm or leg.
So The fear is not gone All away even that i say to my selves that if The twitcing in my left foot was from ALS it Would have shown on The EMG. I am going back to The neurologist in A couple of months , he Will send me A apointment , i was told that before The EMG. In A Way i feel so stupid that i have these " thoughts , but on The other side i am sure The issues are Real , just hoping that it has notning to do with ALS. I Will not go to my Gp :or physiotherapist, it only makes me more anxious. The Best moment at The week is When my husband and i take dancelessons even if my thighs feels stiff and my leg and feet hurts .
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 29th, 2014, 11:44 am

Bibi, the emg is your answer. It was good, you are good! I hope for similar results Thursday. Enjoy yourself!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Bibi on September 29th, 2014, 1:13 pm

LKP1231 wrote:Bibi, the emg is your answer. It was good, you are good! I hope for similar results Thursday. Enjoy yourself!

Thank you , i also hope that You Will get good results ! Thinking of You thursday !
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on September 30th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Dear Bibi,
I know exactly what you mean...and that is the fatal thing with those examinations...You get one side testet, and suddenly you have symptoms on the other side. And you question the outcome..
Same here. I thought I have atrophy in right foot. The twitiching is in left foot, since 14 month without any changes. So I decided to have testet my right foot. And that was ok. Now I have constant buzzing in my left foot and I can not stop thinking about it.

The more appointments, the more prolongued thinking about the next one...I hope, you can nevertheless enjoy your life somehow...sounds good with the dancing lessons. Don't stop that.
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS