Ice bucket challenge

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Ice bucket challenge

Postby dARR on August 19th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Lets raise some money for the disease we all fear/feared so much.... Surely Raindog, Mariomangler or Gary will kick us off in the ice bucket challenge? :D
He who fights with Monsters might take care lest he thereby become a Monster and if you gaze long into the Abyss the Abyss also gazes into you. Fredrich Nietzche, Beyond Good and Evil
dARR
Hero
Hero

Re: Ice bucket challenge

Postby garym on August 19th, 2014, 11:01 pm

not sure what the ice bucket challenge is, but I might be game.....depending of course!
garym

Postby dARR on August 20th, 2014, 8:42 am

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Bucket_Challenge

Basically you dump ice cold water over your head and donate 20dollars and nominate three people to so the same... They can then either do it and donate 20 and nominate 3 people or give 100 dollars to als charity and stay warm and dry.

I think everyone on this board should participate since we moan about our als worries so much.

But it should be started by a mod ;)
He who fights with Monsters might take care lest he thereby become a Monster and if you gaze long into the Abyss the Abyss also gazes into you. Fredrich Nietzche, Beyond Good and Evil
dARR
Hero
Hero

Postby bobajojo on August 20th, 2014, 8:47 am

Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 20th, 2014, 9:39 pm

ok, I'm always the last one to know these things around my house....since I first read this this morning, both my kids have taken the challenge. I'm still on the fence, but will put up a link if i do it.

take care,
gary
garym

Postby Nytviolet on August 20th, 2014, 11:41 pm

I was happy to donate, and hope we keep this thread alive (I haven't doused myself with ice water though lol). I'm DELIGHTED that MND is getting the much-needed publicity it deserves! Let's STOMP this nasty illness out.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 19th, 2014, 7:31 pm

It's so great that there is awareness and funding pouring in - finally! My first husband passed from this over 8 yrs ago. But the ice bucket challenge brought these symptoms upon me! He didn't even start with twitching! But here I am.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Xina535 on September 29th, 2014, 5:37 pm

I did not do the challenge but I did donate a large sum to a group of colleagues who walked for a cure. I was supposed to join but my company booked a flight for me right when the walk started.

I cannot believe how widespread this got! And how much was raised! I hope, wish and pray that at least a promising treatment which may significantly slow the progression results from this....but of course a cure would be way better! I would think they have enough funding for that! Right?

I think of those suffering every day. I feel so deeply for them.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on September 29th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Research is the key!!! They still don't know enough about the cause. I will be thrilled to hear of a real discovery. This disease has waited long enough.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)