moving toe?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

moving toe?

Postby Antologia on June 22nd, 2014, 4:57 pm

Did somebody ever had that your toe is cramping and while cramping it was moving down a few times? All by itself? This happend 3 times now last week, it scares me! Never had that before...

Twitching for one year non stop, every second and widespread. Excess saliva without drooling, sometimes choking and a "feeling" my throat is thick and swallowing is difficult.

Any thoughts on this?

EMG in jan was normal, but only checked arms and legs (not bulbar). Neuro said most likely BFS, but wanted a follow up appointment in 6 months. That will be in the beginning of july.
Antologia

Re: moving toe?

Postby raindog on July 1st, 2014, 10:23 am

Antologia wrote:Did somebody ever had that your toe is cramping and while cramping it was moving down a few times? All by itself? This happend 3 times now last week, it scares me! Never had that before...

Twitching for one year non stop, every second and widespread. Excess saliva without drooling, sometimes choking and a "feeling" my throat is thick and swallowing is difficult.

Any thoughts on this?

EMG in jan was normal, but only checked arms and legs (not bulbar). Neuro said most likely BFS, but wanted a follow up appointment in 6 months. That will be in the beginning of july.

look at the last vid in my sig....sometimes my toes move all over the place like a pianists fingers...been like it for years. Dont loose any sleep over it. :wink:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on July 8th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Antologia wrote:Did somebody ever had that your toe is cramping and while cramping it was moving down a few times?

Yep. Toes and fingers alike have done this.

Antologia wrote:Twitching for one year non stop, every second and widespread. Excess saliva without drooling, sometimes choking and a "feeling" my throat is thick and swallowing is difficult.

Any thoughts on this?

BFS. I'd bet the bank on it.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby veryworried123 on July 9th, 2014, 1:49 am

My toes do that from time to time

I told my Nero and told my to relax and de-stress
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby Nytviolet on August 2nd, 2014, 7:56 pm

Yep. When I awoke yesterday morning my right pinky toe was moving from side to side! I grabbed my camera and it stopped before I could capture it on film. I've seen the same with fingers.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on August 5th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Yes. Has happened to me.

More important. Antologia, tell us about your appointment!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Antologia on August 18th, 2014, 8:40 am

Hi Leaflea, I saw your private message about my appointment, so here is an update. (not much to tell yet, so that's why I didn't update before)

I had the appointment in the 3rd week of July, but at the beginning of July I got a letter from the hospital that the appointment was postponed because of the neuro's holiday. Now it was at the 28th of July, but I could not go there because this was my own holiday. Because of the worsening symptoms and my worries, I called and I could come the next day. Unfortunately, they put me at a doctor that was nog yet a doctor (neuro) but who was in his learning period (don't know the right words in English, hope you understand what I mean). He only could listen to my story, but he couldn't do anything. He understood my worries, and told me he would try to get me an appointment with the neuro for new tests and maybe a new EMG before my holiday. When I left, he told me he was going to make the appointment for me and I would get a letter with my new appointment.

I'm still waiting for that.....

I went on vacation for 4 weeks, just got back. There was no letter from the hospital, so I must call them again and see what went wrong.

In the meantime: my sneeze reflex came back and I didn't have te cramping toe again. I did get a lot of face-twitching during my holiday. My cheeks, eyelid up and down, my lip etc. Never had that before. And of course the normal twitching in the rest of my body still exists. But no new things I guess.

I will update if I have more information about my appointment, okay?

How are you all doing?
Antologia

Postby leaflea on August 20th, 2014, 12:19 am

Thanks Antologia. Keeping on! I had a full back MRI today to see if it can shed any light on all of these odd things. Please keep us updated. How frustrating to have the appoinments moved around like that.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby kitras219 on September 29th, 2014, 8:04 am

Can twitch cause spasm/bend/move?
For example: Can twitch in forearm cause fingers spasms/bends/moves.
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
kitras219

Postby Yuliasir on September 29th, 2014, 8:28 am

surely as muscles moving fingers are located in the forearm. mainly.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby kitras219 on September 29th, 2014, 9:57 am

Is it symptom of BFS or is it spasticity?
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
kitras219

Postby Yuliasir on September 29th, 2014, 10:04 am

in spasticity you can not relax spasmed finger. it is BFS.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management