Ear drum twitches driving me bonkers.

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Ear drum twitches driving me bonkers.

Postby TriJeff on September 26th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Wowzers! After years of not viewing this forum I'm back.

Why?... EAR DRUM TWITCHES!!!!!!

I despise them. Anyone know some good coping skills for this malady?

Oh! You can add six more years to my sig line.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 24/7 calf twitcher for 15 years. YUCK!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Re: Ear drum twitches driving me bonkers.

Postby guitarguy11 on September 27th, 2014, 9:29 pm

I have these, but I have no cure for them to offer you. They are annoying. I have had these for as long as I can remember, long before body-wide twitches. Weird thing is that certain sounds or notes (for instance the "B" string on my guitar cause my left ear drum to twitch).
guitarguy11

Postby emmie.s on September 27th, 2014, 10:00 pm

A few months ago I had them pretty bad (I think I posted about how they were driving me crazy, too!). Thankfully they went away after a week or so, and hopefully yours will too. I also had them about 7 or so years ago, and I went to an ear/nose/throat doctor, who said he could botox the tiny muscle if it really came down to it...thankfully it didn't because I don't think I could've handled a needle in my ear.
Good luck to you, I know that eardrum twitches are the absolute worst (even more than tongue twitches) because they are just so annoying, especially when you're trying to sleep.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Lillerz on June 5th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Hi there. My right ear drum started twitching about a month ago and it's messed my sleep up completely. Must be the first time in over a year that something about my BFS has lead me to visit the forum again. For those with ear drum twitching, I've found some relief by plugging the ear e.g. with my thumb. For whatever reason it stops my twitching. Going to find out if I get the same relief by using an ear plug.
Twitching since October 2011
Lillerz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group