Contraction fasciculations in thigh muscles

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Contraction fasciculations in thigh muscles

Postby veryworried123 on March 10th, 2014, 2:50 am

Shaun' do you know why all of a sudden I have developed that dent in my thigh that you saw in my video in the same spot as my twitching / shaking
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby ShawnW on March 10th, 2014, 12:19 pm

veryworried123 wrote:Shaun' do you know why all of a sudden I have developed that dent in my thigh that you saw in my video in the same spot as my twitching / shaking

"All of a sudden"? Yeah, I would bet that isn't all of a sudden. You are just suddenly looking and fixated on yet another new part of your body...noticing things in odd positions when you are doing odd things. What I see is normal contracted muscle tone. This thing truly is a decision...a decision to turn it over. Lets be real for a moment. Can you control whether you get some nasty disease? No. Does worrying about it help your quality of life? No. So, you are basically being ruled by a disease you do not have...enslaved by your imagination and abusing yourself for unknown reasons. That's the only real problem you have right now. You have had a normal clinical and a normal EMG. A normal clinical by itself is enough to rule out ***. You do not have it. And I do not believe your neurologist is truly concerned about random fasiculations...certainly not in regards to ***. I have a hard time believing you didn't take something he said way out of context.

What are you doing to get better from anxiety? The facts are these...you are going to die someday...no way around it. You can either choose to be dead now...or later. I'll quote my favorite movie..."Get busy living or get busy dying".
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby veryworried123 on March 10th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Ya thats a good movie and I don't disagree with you about the anxiety

Perhaps I did mis-understand my Nero about that comment but I assure you I was a high perform athlete for a long time I know those dents and ripples / shaking was not there...ever

He did state he wants to do a second emg to rule out other muscle dieases as well
And yes he did tell me to work on my anxiety and enrol in cognitive bahvioural therapy

Thanks
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby ShawnW on March 10th, 2014, 8:48 pm

veryworried123 wrote:Ya thats a good movie and I don't disagree with you about the anxiety

Perhaps I did mis-understand my Nero about that comment but I assure you I was a high perform athlete for a long time I know those dents and ripples / shaking was not there...ever

He did state he wants to do a second emg to rule out other muscle dieases as well
And yes he did tell me to work on my anxiety and enrol in cognitive bahvioural therapy

Thanks

I can tell you before my most recent bout of horrific health anxiety I had never had twitching between finger and thumb, weakness in a shoulder so bad I could barely shampoo my hair. My legs were giving out on me. I noticed parts of my body that looked different than I remembered them. Anxiety is a weird thing. I seen nothing with your leg that looked abnormal. But, if you want to torture yourself until your next EMG, then that is certainly your prerogative.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby eric77 on September 23rd, 2014, 3:25 pm

Hi TwitchHH,

I get these too. I posted a video too of mine: http://youtu.be/Rz9ykDOaq-k

This is me standing and putting weight on my left leg. I notice that when I put most of my weight on one leg it moves like you see but then it can get stable in a couple of seconds if I stop moving. Also if I do a squat like you show they just keep going like yours. I was wondering if you get them like me in standing position?

Does anyone else get these and what is your status. thanks
eric77

Postby enzoli99 on September 24th, 2014, 9:02 am

Wow, I also have the exact same thing. When I extend my left leg, and I tighten up my leg, I see ripple fasciculation's. It scares me to death, to the point that I don't even look at my leg.
Its also atrophied by 2cm because I walked with a cane for 3 weeks. Needless to say, I only see gloom up ahead.
I have to wait 4 months before getting an appointment with a neuro.
enzoli99

Postby eric77 on September 24th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Enzoli99,

Glad to know someone else has the same thing but I am not sure the reason you had a cane for 3 weeks and you had atrophy. I think I have had this for a couple months with no atrophy and not weakness that I can tell. Can you share more about how long you have had BFS, why you had a cane and why you only see gloom ahead?? thanks
eric77

Postby eric77 on September 24th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Enzoli99,

I just read some of you past post so you don't need to answer my questions. I get worried too so your not alone on that. In fact most of us in this forum from time to time get worried feel better, see something new (that might have already been there) and get worried again. Its a stressful cycle I know. I have had BFS for 5 months now. At 2 months I had an emg on the same leg I posted the video and it came back clean. I also before the EMG had a a strength test from the Nuero and I had no weakness and signs of ALS - even with all my symptoms which you can find here -> http://www.aboutbfs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20936 . I did send the video to my Neurologist to see what his thoughts were but I am sure he will want me to come in and not respond to my email. Anyway, if I decide to go in I will let you know what he tells me.
eric77

Postby enzoli99 on September 25th, 2014, 9:09 am

Thanks Eric77...and good luck to us all !
enzoli99

Postby eric77 on September 26th, 2014, 11:33 am

enzoli99

Just an update from my Neurologist. So the other day I sent an email to my Neurologist with a link to the same video I have posted here. His reply to my email was "Hi Eric, thank you for sharing the video. Yes that does not seem unusual to me" I also decided to go in anyway and talk to him/show him first hand which I did today. Showed him in a squatting position which they just fire away/continue until I stand and then in standing position which is in the video posted. Again he was not concerned about it. He said yes they are fasciculations and decided to give me a strength exam (which was fine) for reassurance but at this point I get the impression that he is thinking that I am acting too concerned about the symptoms of BFS. He feels confident that I have BFS and thats it. I explained that I never had these fasciculations in my legs until BFS started that I was aware of but he still did not seem concerned at all. Hope that helps calm your anxiety until you have your appointment.
eric77

Postby eric77 on October 30th, 2014, 12:30 pm

I just wanted to check in to see if anyone who posted here say that they had this symptom to possibly give an update.

I still have this going on and is probably my most worrisome symptom. I just want to hear from those who may have posted here a year ago or more and to let us know if this symptom had progressed or just the same. thanks

Also enzoli99,

How are you doing. Never heard back from ya.
eric77

Postby veryworried123 on December 5th, 2014, 12:25 am

I still get those all the time when I flex or put weight or stretch
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group