1month twitching, seeing neuro today

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

1month twitching, seeing neuro today

Postby LKP1231 on September 16th, 2014, 8:42 am

Hi. I'm an almost 50 yr old female twitching a month. Started in feet still there but spread everywhere in 24 hours. Calves also common with fine twitches I don't often see. I'll add that my first husband passed of **s and these were nowhere near his symptoms. He wasn't aware until a much later emg. I don't think I have weakness or muscle loss. I know this first visit will be clinical exam but I'm so nervous I can't even think straight
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: 1month twitching, seeing neuro today

Postby LKP1231 on September 16th, 2014, 9:27 am

Would love some encouraging feedback :)
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Bibi on September 19th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Hi
I am 55 and started twitching in my left foot and calves 5 months Ago, and it is still going on , and i also Twitch in face , hands back shoulder S etc. Every Day but The foot is still The worst. I saw A neuro after 2 weeks , he did A clinical and told me that there was no signs of ALS. I was so scared and went to my GP Who put me on MIRTAZAPINE for better sleeping.it helped to Calm Down A bit. But as i Read A lot of ALS Beeing very subtil in The beginning i was even more scared and saw A new neuro Who send me for EMG yeasterday . It was clean as i wrote i another note.
I hope You Will find some reassurement in this , it Think You story with foot twitching sounds like mine and i am as You see in ( almost ) same age.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 19th, 2014, 4:23 pm

I saw your post about the clean emg. Such a relief! Worried now bc my calves feel like I had a strenuous workout, especially my right, and I haven't at all.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Bibi on September 19th, 2014, 4:39 pm

LKP1231 wrote:I saw your post about the clean emg. Such a relief! Worried now bc my calves feel like I had a strenuous workout, especially my right, and I haven't at all.

Hi again , i have also this feeling , like A stiff muscle but in my right thigh, i mentioned to The neuro Who send me for EMG but he didnt Think that its was of any concern. And because i have most Twitches in left side he only wanted to do EMG in left side. If You Read my notes You Will see that i have other things than just twitching, fex jaw jerks and other jerks when i am falling asleep. i forgot to ask about these jerk , but think itbis from my anxiety. Are You " testing " your selves , Maybe You do something you are not used to ? And maybe your anxiety makes your muscle tensed. After my EMG i am relieved , but i am still in this alert mode , i Think All The anxiety stuff makes A lot mess in our bodys.
Sorry for my english, i am not from english speaken country.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 19th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Your English is perfectly easy to understand. And thank you. I will have to try to find your older posts to read. I'm relieved that others have similar symptoms, altho sorry for all of us too! I know that the emg results will not be questioned if they are ok for me. It's very hard to wait as due to insurance everything must be done at a separate time. The nerve tests are done in 3 sessions - upper body was good but lower is the worst problems for me. MRI also next week but emg not till 10/2. And as I type my feet just tickle and lightly twitch, especially the left. Ugh!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby LKP1231 on September 19th, 2014, 6:43 pm

And I'm sure my home testing and anxiety do not help matters.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Bibi on September 20th, 2014, 5:29 am

LKP1231 wrote:Your English is perfectly easy to understand. And thank you. I will have to try to find your older posts to read. I'm relieved that others have similar symptoms, altho sorry for all of us too! I know that the emg results will not be questioned if they are ok for me. It's very hard to wait as due to insurance everything must be done at a separate time. The nerve tests are done in 3 sessions - upper body was good but lower is the worst problems for me. MRI also next week but emg not till 10/2. And as I type my feet just tickle and lightly twitch, especially the left. Ugh!

My left foot are just as yours ! It is going on in The soles All The time, hate that there is no explanation for this. When The fear first loves in it is very hard to get rid off ! Sleep is very importing , so if thats your problem to ,You maybe should talk to your GP about it and maybe have some medication . I go for long Walks in The Nature it is helping me to Calm Down and makes me feel that my body works and While i am walking i cant feel The Twitches in my foot although i feel Them in Calves and back thighs When i stop walking.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 20th, 2014, 2:00 pm

You make me feel much better about the left foot. After walking today during which time I felt fine, the minute I stop I feel my left foot going crazy with tiny twitches that feel like bugs running under my skin.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group