New here

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New here

Postby LKP1231 on September 18th, 2014, 6:55 am

Since I am new I figured I'd ask if anyone started like me. I haven't had responses to my posts as yet. Twitching noticed in foot and quickly other foot, within 24-48 hours happening everywhere below neck. 5 weeks later more constant in feet and lower legs. No weakness but some cramping and muscle soreness. Many twitches can't be seen. Clean bloodwork and clinical neuro. Tests next. Is this common to feel worse after 5 weeks? Can this be anxiety? Please respond, I'm a mess! Thanks.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: New here

Postby Yuliasir on September 18th, 2014, 1:41 pm

almost everybody here had started like you that is why nobody is responding.

for vast majority of fellows it apperas to be stress, anxiety and infection related. many have very low vitamine B (and some also very low D).

It is common to feel various new symptomes within first year - new location/type of twitches, hotspots, tremors, pains, cramps, joint pains, GERD etc. after 12-18 months most cases report decrease in twitching. But later new bursts are possible.
Absolute majority of people here appeared not to develope any significant neurological troubles in long term prospective, despite on twitching etc.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby RGB on September 18th, 2014, 7:00 pm

The only reason for the 'silence' is that what you describe is so typical for BFS and nothing to be unduly worried about. You twitch, up to 70% of the population do (to some extent), that's all. That's why your bloodwork was fine, that's why your neuro exam was fine etc.

Now if you had some really juicy symptom then that might get people interested, otherwise nobody cares :)

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on September 18th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Ok thanks. Glad to know I'm "normal" here :)
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS