1month twitching, neuro later today

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

1month twitching, neuro later today

Postby LKP1231 on September 16th, 2014, 8:34 am

Hello. I'm an almost 50 year old female. Twitching for a month starting in my foot and within 24 hours everywhere. Can't really see it in calves where I get it often. I do feel a little when I walk and drive. I must add my 1st husband passed of **s and this was no where near his first symptom. Wasn't aware if them for a long time and then only from emg. I have neuro today, I know it's just a clinical exam but I'm so nervous. I don't think I have clinical weakness.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: 1month twitching, neuro later today

Postby bobajojo on September 18th, 2014, 10:11 am

You would know if you had clinical weakness. If you are twitching, even if its all over your body 24/7 like it is with me, and you haven't noticed things that you can no longer do then you are fine. The clinical is the key, so even though you said its "only" a clinical, that's all they need. The EMG is used to confirm things they find in the clinical. Doesn't sound like anything bad to me. Try to relax.

Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on September 18th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Thanks. Hard to stay calm until all testing is over and it's all scheduled in bits and pieces due to insurance. I know the dr doesn't think it's anything bad. Hoping he's right. 2 weeks till I'll know.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management