Really Struggling - Looking for some support

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Really Struggling - Looking for some support

Postby MMM on September 17th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Hey All,

So I'm back again because I'm really struggling. I had a really bad case of all of this back in February of 2012. I ended up going on Lexapro and getting rid of most of my symptoms. Since then though I had another baby and have been having cramps since then. I really wans't having any muscle twitches though. But then after seeing all of these ice bucket challenges and having daily reminders of this disease, everything came back!

My hands feel so incredibly clumsy. I mean, I have trouble holding my fork but more feel like they are shaking. In addition, I feel like I'm walking funny, and am thinking of every step, worried that I will trip.

I'm trying to remind myself that I've been through this before and it all went away completely but it is really challenging. I feel like my life is just ending before my eyes. How did I get here again? I remember my hands actually BEING clumsy the first time around too. Like I had lost dexterity. And actually I really struggled to type last time as well. (which I'm not experiencing this time around). Also I have twitches in my hands which is new. How do I clear my thoughts enough to clear my body of these symptoms? Or SHOULD I be worried? Blah.....

MMM
MMM
Interested
Interested

Re: Really Struggling - Looking for some support

Postby MMM on September 17th, 2014, 2:09 pm

I should also mention that I've been having major problems with anxiety and panic attacks (also new) for the last 4 months or so leading up to this.
MMM
Interested
Interested

Postby terry in sf on September 17th, 2014, 6:22 pm

MMM - I am right there with you. Went through all this in early 2007 and thought I was over it. And here I am too! :?

It is interesting this followed four months of anxiety issues - seems to come up in a number of our stories. Same here due to a series of challenging emotional situations for me - while that was going on, I even thought, "Oh, I need to be careful, this is kind of the same thing that happened before all of that blew up back in 2007." And even cognitively understanding that didn't help prevent it from happening again.
terry in sf
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on September 18th, 2014, 12:45 am

Hi MMM,
did you ever heard about post-labour thyreoidite, which can last up to one year after your baby birth?
seems like your condition is tightly related to pregnancy and labours, so it is highly probable that you may have this condition. Also daily burden added with a baby palys a great role.

I think oyu may found a good reassurance in a fact that before you had hard issue and it was resolved with the time and medication. Same would be this time.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby enzoli99 on September 18th, 2014, 6:22 am

Hi MMM,
I know exactly what your going through and I feel for you. I know how crippling this feeling is.
For me, its my weakness in my legs but mentally, its all the same. We all feel like we have this dreaded disease. If you went through this, please remember how you got through it last time.
I want to send you positive vibes and I know you can get over this hump again like you did last time.

Stay Positive :)
enzoli99

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group