Hoffmann Reflex

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hoffmann Reflex

Postby RIno468 on September 16th, 2014, 5:27 pm

Anyone have any experience with this? I just looked it up and did it myself and it looks like i have bilateral postive signs. Though I know self testing is a big no no --

Im just curious to anyone who has had it - in what circumstance did your Dr do it? Was it your GP or a Neuro?

Thanks!
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Hoffmann Reflex

Postby Yuliasir on September 17th, 2014, 12:46 am

Self test is 'no no' also becasue it is quite hard to self-test for reflexes :))) we either did not evoke them properly or have bias in the evaluation or even can have a bias in the reflex strength or it just could not be evoked at all (like you can not induce tickling reflexes and behaviour in yourself, even if you touch the foot sole which is extremely sensitive to tickling).

Leave reflex induction and evaluation for doctors. This is much more safer and will let you avoid tons of fears.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby RIno468 on September 17th, 2014, 10:26 am

Thank you for the response Yuliasir.

I told my doctor about it, but she wasnt concerned enough to bring me in and test it herself. I have an appt with my first psych appointment to handle anxiety, which my doctor is chalking the twitches up to (I have a history of health anxiety but never sought professional treatment until now)

But of course the crazy in me is obssessed with this reflex even though alot of resources say it isn't really an indicator of anything, self testing is almost impossible because of the way your hand is angled when doing it, and bilateral relfexes can be normal anyway in cases of anxiety.

So there's that.

But i had my daughter watch youtube and then do it to me and im fine i think. :P

Anyway - no more self testing.

Thanks again --
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS