possible atrophy? (image)

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

possible atrophy? (image)

Postby samuelmansano on September 11th, 2014, 11:14 pm

hello guys, as I pictured in an earlier topic I recently had continuous twitching in my right knee what is not usual. I usually have some quick twitching in sporadic places that are not repeated many times in a day but this time occurred for more than 24 hours always with the relaxed muscle, a small and continuous muscle twitching, and I started to notice that my thigh quadriceps right appeared to be smaller than the left thigh, what goes against all the rest of my body whose right side is on average 1 cm larger than the left side. Went to a new neurologist who told me the same thing as others: according to my age and just twitching = with no chance of being with ALS he did a test of reflexes with me everything is normal, I will now post the pics to see what they think is akin atrophy or is all the fruit of my imagination.

Additional details - measurements in my legs have the same length. my right leg is still stronger than the left.

Thanks for Attention, Sorry for my english!(Brazilian Guy :P )

samuelmansano
Interested
Interested

Re: possible atrophy? (image)

Postby Yuliasir on September 11th, 2014, 11:52 pm

absolutely normal legs, as for me :))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby samuelmansano on September 12th, 2014, 12:11 am

Thanks Yulia, :roll:
samuelmansano
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on September 12th, 2014, 12:23 am

:) what I see is a good bulk mass on each leg, no signs of flatness and vobby appearance as it happens in old people (who have atrophy due to age and low mobility), no 'bird legs' when muscles are just seem ot be dried out and wrapping bones tightly, no grooves other than normal for the muscles layout.
please note also that twitching is an activity too and causes skin fat atrophy (in other words, you are getting thinner becasue of loosing skin fat) which is regularly taken by BFS people for muscle atrophy :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby samuelmansano on September 12th, 2014, 2:04 am

Yulia thanks, it is very soothing :D
samuelmansano
Interested
Interested

Postby raindog on September 13th, 2014, 5:41 am

I see a possible very slight (mild) valgus deformity at the knee which is nothing to worry about. As for atrophy i see nothing at all.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Nytviolet on September 13th, 2014, 12:29 pm

I have the same situation with my left calf, but the muscles still feel good and strong. I also get a lot of twitching there, but it's not progressing, so I must assume it's been that way for a while and I just realized it. Twitching or feelings of weakness will draw your attention to an area and you'll go nuts inspecting it daily. No one would really see this except you. Be well!
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby samuelmansano on September 13th, 2014, 12:36 pm

raindog Thanks! :) , Nytviolet yes it drives me crazy, I'm doing strength tests, measuring the circumference of the thighs every day, and always this all normal, BFS is driving me neurotic :? , thanks for the replies!
samuelmansano
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management