Early morning twitching

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Early morning twitching

Postby bobajojo on September 4th, 2014, 5:58 am

Anyone else feel like a bag of popcorn while laying in bed in the morning? Seriously frustrating. I'll lay there and get 20+ pops a minute. Bicep, tricep, thigh, upper back, lower back, middle back, tongue... Just never stops.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Early morning twitching

Postby veryworried123 on September 4th, 2014, 7:39 am

Yup

All the time
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 4th, 2014, 10:36 am

I get the most of them hours into sleep. Lately though, they seem to have waned a bit. I seem to feel more pronounced ones during the day. My worry is my upper left and lower left lip twitches a few times a day. My Neuro told me no fascics identified on legs EMG of Sep 2, 2014 and that I had leg neuropathy. He seems to think my twitches are cramps, but cramps hurt and these don't. I'm doubting he knows exactly what's going on.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby elliottok on September 4th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Yep - seems the moment I wake up and start moving around I get fascics all over. Something about moving the muscles after they've rested for so long seems to set them off.
elliottok

Postby physerv24 on September 4th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Exactly the same for me. From about 7:30 am to noon is the worst for me. I only pray that twitching NEVER enters my dreams. Right now, that seems to be my only safe haven.
physerv24

Postby TwitchyDoc on September 8th, 2014, 1:56 am

While - as Matt said - I do not twitch as much as he does (20-30 per hour), the mornings are quite a different world for me. I roll over to hug my wife - back, arm and abdominal twiches. I stretches slightly - thigh twitches. Lately, the neck has joined the company as well..

I suspect it has to do with decreased motor activity during the sleep and hence higher degree of relaxation of the muscles. So when the relaxed muscle gets stretched or stimulated in any way, the decreased excitability threshold is easily exceeded.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS