Back from neuro

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back from neuro

Postby Bibi on August 28th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Today i saw A neuro at A Big hospital. He made A short clinical , The knee reflexes and babinsky and made me Walk on toes and heels . He looked for fascikulations in my thighs and Tried to provoke Them but there where not any. He saw The fascikulations in my left foot and asked what he could do to reassure me and asked if i Want an EMG . I asked what he Would recommand and he told that EMG often shows anormalities , even in Healthy People so it is not always The Best ting to do for reassurement but he could see How nerveus i am so Would recommand it anyway. He told me that he did not Think there was any signs of ALS and after 4 months there Would be signs if i had it.
I am kind of relieved but still nerveus for what The EMG Will show , and i have to wait for it up to two months.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Back from neuro

Postby donnastar on August 28th, 2014, 6:11 pm

That is great news Bibi! Sounds like your neuro has informed you have nothing to be nervous about. Instead of feeling nervous and you should do something to celebrate this weekend :D Take care.
donnastar

Postby German2 on August 29th, 2014, 11:10 am

Dear Bibi, congratulations!! I hope that this really reassures you and you don't sit and wait there for the EMG....
But I know this is a hard thing to do...I know from myself. But it is time to relax..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on August 30th, 2014, 5:12 am

German2 wrote:Dear Bibi, congratulations!! I hope that this really reassures you and you don't sit and wait there for the EMG....
But I know this is a hard thing to do...I know from myself. But it is time to relax..

Yes i try to relaxe , but as you say it is hard , because off All The symptomes. For The last week my Voice become soar When i talk for A While. And i have pain in my Neck. This morning i had A lot of Twitches in my back and my left arm is very tired. But i Will really try to Focus on other thing , tomorrow me and my husbond Will go to Dance lessons . I hope my body Will not let me Down and i hope The Twitches Will not get worse.

Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby elliottok on September 3rd, 2014, 8:11 pm

Don't do the EMG - if your doctor doesn't think there's a need, then there's no need. Get on with your life already - you're fine.
elliottok

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS