SORRY FOR THIS POST

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

SORRY FOR THIS POST

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 27th, 2014, 10:14 am

Hi All.

I have come to the conclusion that only time will tell whether or not (widespread) twitching is benign or malignant. The information available from experts, studies and other sources, including testimonies, is not 100% diagnostic or conclusive to assure BFS or a benign condition. There is too much variability, different presentations and courses of progression. EMG tests have shown ALS from the start, clean results that became ALS, and an array of variants. Neurology is junk science. Stephen Hawking believes medical science is junk science. I don't know when he said it or when it was reported to be his opinion. If something is not true all the time, then it's false. The only certainty is worry, fear and a boat load of cash spent to guarantee absolutely nothing. God Bless All Of You. I hope it all turns out well.

Thank you for listening.
Last edited by misterjuanperalta on September 11th, 2014, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Re: SORRY FOR THIS POST

Postby Dual_CoRed on August 27th, 2014, 5:52 pm

What a useless post. No reason why you couldn't keep these thoughts to yourself as it does no one any good. Hope you fell better. By the way, the overwhelming majority of the time a neuro says "no MND", it means no MND. Exceptions? Yes but in very rare situations.
Dual_CoRed

Postby wjjw on August 27th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Real sorry huh? Retired from neurology and from the BFS forum ... enjoy the free time on your hands, I'm sure you'll be missed here.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby elliottok on August 27th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Welp, you may be right that neurology is a crap science and so is psychiatry for that matter. There is certainly a lot that doctors don't know about our bodies and minds. The fact that there is a condition called benign fasciculation syndrome with no known cause or cure is proof of that. They're really just saying "yes, we recognize there is something wrong with you, we don't know why or how to fix it, but we don't think it will kill you." It's garbage, plain and simple. Having said that, this post doesn't do anyone here any good. Many of the people here have as much of a mental illness as a physical one. Almost all of us have dealt with severe and debilitating anxiety over this *beep*. This condition hit me right when I was in the middle of my third year of law school - how do you think my last year of school turned out? How well do you think I was able to study for the bar while I was twitching away, preoccupied with the thought that I had a terminal illness? How much motivation do you think I had to seek out employment when I was convinced I was going to be disabled or dead in the near future? This *beep* can ruin your life - I can tell you it has ruined mine for almost the last year. If people are able to get reassurance from a medical professional, and get on with their life, then good for them! Who care's if it's not 100% assurance? 98% or 99% assurance is good enough for me! If someone said "you have a 98% chance of doubling your money on this bet," wouldn't you take that bet every time? I sure as hell would. Likewise, when my neurologist, after extensive evaluation, tells me he's positive I don't have ALS, I feel pretty confident in his opinion. Could it turn out that he's wrong? Yes, and it would be very rare. Could the sun fail to rise in the morning? Absolutely, and it would be the first time in history. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but statistics and experience can tell us what is likely and what is not.
elliottok

Postby leaflea on August 27th, 2014, 9:25 pm

Where's the "like" button elliott. Great post!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby trustme78 on August 28th, 2014, 12:35 am

Thanks Elliott for the great post!
trustme78

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 28th, 2014, 5:22 am

Very rare situations? It only takes for you or me to be the rare case. Can you exclude that possibility? Can anyone exclude it? NO. Hence JUNK.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby elliottok on August 28th, 2014, 10:23 am

misterjuanperalta wrote:Very rare situations? It only takes for you or me to be the rare case. Can you exclude that possibility? Can anyone exclude it? NO. Hence JUNK.

If your definition of "good" science is the ability to predict an outcome with 100% certainty, then all science is "JUNK." We cannot predict anything with 100% certainty. We can only look at the past and draw general conclusions about what is likely and what is not. But no outcome is ever guaranteed. Plus, weren't you supposed to go away and never come back?
elliottok

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 28th, 2014, 11:23 am

I stated that I don't plan to ... but if I am being allowed to be rude by not responding, then so be it. Quite frankly, the intention of my post was not to make enemies. Everyone has an opinion, so I just shared mine.

Amazingly, when I posted my symptoms only two people replied after many, many views. It seems people prefer to reply to perceived "inflamed" comments.

I apologize, though I don't think I did anything wrong.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby elliottok on August 28th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Only one person replied when I posted my story too. It's nothing to be upset about - most people here are lurkers, not regular posters. The few people who are regular contributors have pretty much said it all and responded to every concern imaginable. I think the main problem is that a lot of stuff gets buried here - it's just kind of the way the site is designed. And I don't think you did anything wrong, I just don't think your post is productive or helpful.
elliottok

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 29th, 2014, 1:47 am

OK. I'll agree about that.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on August 29th, 2014, 7:06 am

sorry for this reply but
such a silly post

We deeply respect Mr. Hocking regarding his knowledge of physics, but I must admit his remarks regarding neurology must rather reflect his long term fighting for life rather than real status of neurology.

Parascience is a real junk. It does not develop since Ptolemeus and even Haldei.
Neurology is going on. 10 years ago MS was a death sentence - and it is not any more for well over 75 % of MS patients. Progress in curing stroke consequences is enormous. ALS criteria were renewed and refined recently.
What do you want? A stamp ALS FREE FROM NOW AND ON? zero medical errors?
Probably both ideas are non-realistic.

Do not think about others. Look at yourself.
Sorry again, I am really limited in ability to be a good help and a good nanny now as I was before.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 29th, 2014, 8:53 am

I'd like for there to be less guessing. That's all. Now, regarding your Hawking opinion, his comments were before he became a phycicist. He became a phycicist because the idea during those times was that medical science contained too many variables, far more than the science he chose to study.

Unfortunately, your view may be inaccurate.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics