Natural Remdies

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Natural Remdies

Postby jerbear_13 on August 17th, 2014, 7:50 pm

For the sake of everyone's sanity, please keep the ALS talk out of here. Plenty of that off this thread. For BFS only!

I forgot to post this last night but I wanted start a thread about more natural ways that you guys soothe your nerves, cramps, twitches, anxiety, etc..

I like to use tiggers balm and a organic ointment called "U-knead it" for my aches and pains but the smells also soothe my anxiety.

Also like to use Epsom Salt and bath soaking solutions that have Lavender, Rosemary, Mint, Spearmint or Eucalyptus essential oils in them.

For anxiety itself, I find that magnesium suppliments help 400 mg in the evening along with Lavender insence (spelling) before bed. Meditation too but it has to be the kind where I empty my mind not meditate on a subject.

As far as the twitches go, swimming seems to help them calm down.

Anyone have things that work for them?
jerbear_13

Re: Natural Remdies

Postby MarioMangler on August 17th, 2014, 10:48 pm

I use a lot of heat and warm compresses on my legs and hip joints. That seems to help. Hot tub soaks help too.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby passerby on August 27th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Tiger balm has been my saviour at night. Nothing else seems to have worked. Naturopath and homeopath tried to treat anxiety- I am not anxious- just twitchy and crampy. ( I am getting pretty tired of doctors saying it is anxiety).

Anyone else know of anything that helps cramps? I can't find any solutions and really miss exercise as it was a huge part of my life.

Any help is appreciated.
passerby

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management