Worried - Symptoms / Questions

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Worried - Symptoms / Questions

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 24th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Last edited by misterjuanperalta on December 1st, 2015, 8:25 pm, edited 619 times in total.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Re: Worried - Symptoms / Questions

Postby jebmd on August 25th, 2014, 5:04 pm

My understanding from my neurologist is that if you have als, it would show up anywhere you were tested even if there were no symptoms in that limb at that time. Paresthesias meaning numbness and tingling are typical of neuropathy but not of ALS which does not usually present with sensory symptoms. Have you been tested for diabetes? Your neurologist has already cleared you for ALS so I suspect that the next EMG will be the same. I have had two EMGs and both were normal, and I had no twitching in the neuro's office those days. I am however going to ask for one more because the twitching in my left leg is making me mental and that is the only limb that was not tested yet. I also have paresthesias in that leg but no obvious weakness or falls and am able to do all my work at home and work, where I frequently stand and move back and forth between offices. Try and continue your walking and your improved diet and hopefully some of your anxiety will subside after the next EMG.
Regards,
J
jebmd

Re: Worried - Symptoms / Questions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS