Levoquin / Flox antibiotics

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Levoquin / Flox antibiotics

Postby Nytviolet on August 12th, 2014, 10:26 am

Has anyone taken levoquin (levofloxin) in the past? I was given this medication (also called Ciprofloxin ) two years ago, and recently heard that it can cause neuro issues including muscle twitching, weakness, pain, fatigue and tendonitis. Just wondering how many people may be suffering as a result. Worth considering. I don't know if this would apply to me because my serious symptoms began 4-5 months ago and it's been 2 years since I was given this medication, but it may apply to others who've taken it more recently. Just a thought.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Levoquin / Flox antibiotics

Postby leaflea on August 12th, 2014, 6:47 pm

I have taken repeated, extended rounds of it in the mid 2000's. I have also taken theophyline as a teenager. I have also taken Minocycline 2 weeks prior to twitching start last year at age 46- all suspected to cause CNS side effects. Yes, I am suspicious.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 12th, 2014, 7:17 pm

100% believe that cipro either caused or triggered my bfs....there are significant neurological side effects documented with this class of ab's....crazy that an antibiotic can cause so many issues. Clearly not the cause for all of us, but worth considering if you have used these drugs.

take care,
gary
garym

Postby Nytviolet on August 12th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Question: the side effects usually begin with days/weeks after taking them, right? In other words, for symptoms to crop up 2 years later would be highly unlikely (unless it's stored in adipose tissue or something)?? Even tho I doubt this applies to me, I was stunned to see how many people have had neuro problems from this stuff.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)