Hand pain and other symptoms

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hand pain and other symptoms

Postby Arkansan on August 9th, 2014, 9:14 pm

The area between my left thumb and fore finger has been sore and tender if I move my thumb certain ways for over a month now, maybe longer.

The other night in the store I was carry in an 8lb bag of dog food on that hand by gripping the bag between those two fingers. In a very short time it starters to hurt and feel difficult. Now the whole hand is somewhat sore and seems fatigued. I am surprised by how quick it wanted to give out.

I also have had some twitches in that area and that arm in general.

Could a long standing pain and the other symptoms I described be a sign of impending weakness. I have also had some deep aches in that hand some last night.

I sort about the body wide aches and pains I have. I am afraid all of this might be a bad sign. Is it true that soreness and pain is not typically associated with that particular disease.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Hand pain and other symptoms

Postby Nytviolet on August 11th, 2014, 12:10 pm

It's a good sign and I have similar issue. There is no demonstrable weakness, but fatigue and muscle aches and twitches. I slso have fibromyalgia, and these are classic signs. Look into the fibromyalgia/ME websites and you'll see folks with the same problem. Be well :)
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arkansan on August 11th, 2014, 6:55 pm

Cool. That hand, or at least a part of it seems to tire very quickly but so far can still actually do the task at hand. It just often hurts, trembles when bearing weight and starts to fatigue quickly. Does that sound like yours as well? Have you had constant pain like that for a prolonged time?

Anybody else out here with similar issues?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on August 11th, 2014, 11:03 pm

for me it is a bit strange that fellows exert extra load on already weakened by numberless selftest muscles and then complain for 'unexpected' pain and soreness.

8 lbs is quite a load for TWO fingers, therefore ALL hand would be suffering, it is absolutely normal.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on August 12th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I am still worried about this. It seems like several times in the past two days I go to grab something with my left hand and end up having to grasp at it more than once. Earlier while cleaning out the garage I went to move some old weighted barbell plates, I grasped one with my right hand between my thumb and forefinger and moved it however when I tried the same with the left it just didn't feel like I could get the same grip and I couldn't pick it up that way.

I also lifted some weights later and noticed that with my left arm it was much harder to do.

I am really afraid that this is weakness setting in.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics