how long has the eye twitch last for some of you?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

how long has the eye twitch last for some of you?

Postby erb on August 6th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Can anyone tell me their experiences with an eye twitch that won't seem to stop. My left eye has been twitching for nearly two weeks now every single day. It is making me so upset and freaked out. I have tried everything to stop it and it just won't stop like my other areas have seemed to. My other areas have never been this constant. Any rememdies you have for me? How long has any of your eyelid twtichtes lasted for in days/weeks/months even? My nuero always says BFS when I see him each year still but this eye spot is a new one and it is making me crazy and so scared. Thank you.
erb
Interested
Interested

Re: how long has the eye twitch last for some of you?

Postby bobajojo on August 6th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Both eyes, both upper and lower eyelids, every day for nearly 2 years. When your nerves are hyperexcited, it doesn't take much to set them off. Sneezing, blinking hard, coughing, even looking at your computer screen. My wife's eyes have been twitching for 2 months and she doesn't even have BFS. Don't sweat it. 2 weeks is nothing. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby erb on August 6th, 2014, 3:04 pm

bobajojo wrote:Both eyes, both upper and lower eyelids, every day for nearly 2 years. When your nerves are hyperexcited, it doesn't take much to set them off. Sneezing, blinking hard, coughing, even looking at your computer screen. My wife's eyes have been twitching for 2 months and she doesn't even have BFS. Don't sweat it. 2 weeks is nothing. -Matt

Thank you so much for this note of reassurancce, it really helps alot. Like I said for the last two weeks my left eyelid twitches 24/7, non-stop. I've had twitches just about everywhere since my BFS journey started over 2 years ago but none that went on all day like this....never letting up. Your post made me feel so much better Matt. One last thing have you every asked your neuro about the eye twitching inparticular and can you tell me what he said?
erb
Interested
Interested

Postby bobajojo on August 6th, 2014, 3:25 pm

He saw my eye twitching, but to be honest, it ranks like dead last on my list of annoying twitches. I went in to my neuro with visible fasciculations in all 4 limbs and my tongue. The EMG picked them up in 8 of 9 muscles. Like I said, if your nerves are hyperexcited expect your eyelid twitches to stick around for a while. If your eyelid twitches are your biggest concern (and not much bodywide twitching) it may just be anxiety and/or straining your eyes on a computer. Either way, eyelid twitching is as benign as it gets.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby erb on August 6th, 2014, 4:53 pm

bobajojo wrote:He saw my eye twitching, but to be honest, it ranks like dead last on my list of annoying twitches. I went in to my neuro with visible fasciculations in all 4 limbs and my tongue. The EMG picked them up in 8 of 9 muscles. Like I said, if your nerves are hyperexcited expect your eyelid twitches to stick around for a while. If your eyelid twitches are your biggest concern (and not much bodywide twitching) it may just be anxiety and/or straining your eyes on a computer. Either way, eyelid twitching is as benign as it gets.

Wow Matt, you truly are a godsend on this BFS site. I appreciate your confidence and all the information and replies. I actually went through earlier and read alot of your posts. My favorite was your detailed visit at the Mayo Clinic. That was amazing for you to share with us fellow BFS'ers. Thank you so much for that. I have exremely high anxiety ever since developing BFS 2 1/2 years ago when it comes to this condition. Even after all this time I still get totally freaked when I develop a new twitch spot. This eye twitching non-stop does have my nerves totally frazzled and my anxiety peaked. I wish I could be like you and just accept this BFS condition for what it is...a lifelong ailment...but a benign one. My mind always travels to the dreaded non-benign muscle disease. I refuse to even type the 3 letter acronym starting with A**. Those letters send shivers down my spine. I guess I just have to accept that I am now having a severe attack of BFS in my eye and wait it out and cope with it. Thank you so much again for your reassurances. This website is so theraputic for me. I would like to add a photo to my profile but have never been able to figure out how to do that and I work as a financial analyst on a comoputer all day long every day full time. Adding a picture shouldn't be so hard....but it is for me, lol. Anway, I will keep you posted when/if my eye twitching ever lets up. Until then I will just keep twitchin darnit.
erb
Interested
Interested

Postby jebmd on August 8th, 2014, 9:44 pm

My last eye twitch lasted about 3 weeks, every day all day following my thyroidectomy-it was extremely annoying especially at work because I use a computer. I have had eye twitches in the past as a teen and never attached much importance to them then or now-and as a family physician (47 years old now) I see a lot of them. None has ever amounted to anything and were likely due to eye strain from using a computer. So don't sweat this one!!
Joanne
jebmd

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS