One Year In

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

One Year In

Postby Mark1369 on July 16th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Happy Anniversary to me. Still have some minor twitches and tremors but everything is much more subdued than it used to be. Small victories!
Mark1369
Interested
Interested

Re: One Year In

Postby johnnythejet on July 16th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Congrats on making it through year 1 in such great shape, and thanks for checking in!
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby trustme78 on July 17th, 2014, 2:06 am

A big "thank you" from my side too. Gives me hope that things will calm down...

Good luck!
Volkmar
trustme78

Postby Mark1369 on July 17th, 2014, 9:30 am

Thanks folks, it hasn't been easy but the truth of it is that everyone that talks about mindset being one of the biggest factors in improving the symptoms is right. I'm not going to lie and say every day is peachy but every month seems to get a little better. Staying away from the internet (on health issues) is the number #1 step. Step 2 is believing the doctors - easier said than done but at some point you have to just stop giving a $&@/ and live life.

Step 3 is taking care of yourself, stay active - spend time with friends and loved ones - make it meaningful and take your mind off of the things that make you scared. Run, draw, cook, hug (people you know), get out of the dark room and do something that distracts you from the nonsense. Eat well, drink in moderation (working on this one as my love of wine sometimes feels like crap the next day) and do whatever you can to not dwell on something you can't control.

The last step is ... Well... I'll tell you when I get to it - I'm still finding my way through this and by no means do I have it licked but I have learned to throw some good punches back at it. Every day is better, as long as you believe it is.

Good luck. I'll check in again next year! Until then, I'm going for a run.
Mark1369
Interested
Interested

Postby trustme78 on July 18th, 2014, 11:06 am

And good luck to you!

This means a lot for newcomers like me (approximately 4 months in) to see that you can get on top of things. Posts like this make my day :-)

Take care and see you next year
Volkmar
trustme78

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics