The Bowen Technique?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The Bowen Technique?

Postby Nytviolet on July 16th, 2014, 9:56 pm

In addition to my twitching, I've been dealing with pain in my left bicep and forearm, burning feet, tingling scalp, blah blah blah--u get the picture. I was researching different types of physical therapies and discovered "The Bowen Technique", which is a type of massage therapy that is very mild, and works traversing the muscles (as opposed to rubbing along their length). It is said to be excellent for helping or healing a variety of conditions involving the nervous system. I have not found any negative reports on it, and was curious if anyone has experienced it? There are many websites devoted to it, and the practitioners only use their fingers and knuckles (it's not anything like a vigorous massage). Having fibromyalgia, I find regular massages painful and am looking for other options. Any input much appreciated! Blessings
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: The Bowen Technique?

Postby Nytviolet on July 16th, 2014, 10:00 pm

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: The Bowen Technique?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management