I know a happy twitcher...

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I know a happy twitcher...

Postby Crampydr on July 12th, 2014, 2:02 am

I am about 3 months into this and not having much fun.. I do not feel ready to post about about my own symptoms yet, as I remain worried they are not benign.
My husband has been an enormous comfort over this time, not just because of his patience and support, but because of his twitching!
He started twitching about 10 years ago, was mildly concerned for a few weeks, found this web site and realised he had a benign condition. Since then he has twitched, mostly in the calves, but anywhere really and he is not affected by it at all. He fairly frequently has to leap out of bed and stretch out a cramp too!
I was lying awake, worrying in bed recently and realised my hubby's back was twitching away whilst he slept and it made me feel a bit less alone. When our legs are together, I have no idea who is twitching more. He even has the eardrum ones.
So perhaps this is more common than we think, and perhaps there is another way of reacting to it?

I however, being a much more anxious person, am finding this tough.
Anyway, I hope my husband's happy twitching provides some comfort to someone else too.
Crampydr
Interested
Interested

Re: I know a happy twitcher...

Postby MarioMangler on July 12th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Time heals everything. You might be anxious now but in a 2 or 3 years you will just find BFS annoying. Your husband has the benefit that he has had this for a while and he probably doesnt really care anymore. :D
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Re: I know a happy twitcher...