Soreness and pain.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Soreness and pain.

Postby Arkansan on July 5th, 2014, 11:57 am

Here lately I have been having a lot of pain. It is typically quarter to half dollar sized areas of a dull achy pain, mainly in my right leg but also in my hands and feet. I have been having some tenderness and pain in my back and shoulders, like the kind when you have worked out a muscle and it is sore. Now I did work out Wednesday, martial arts with a round of sparring and a few rounds of wrestling and then I came home and went for a short run. Could that cause the soreness in my back and neck? I seem to remember having some soreness in back and neck before working out.

I am terrified that this is a progression in my symptoms and the start of something serious.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Soreness and pain.

Postby Nytviolet on July 10th, 2014, 7:52 pm

In my particular case, I was shocked to see x-rays of my cervical and thoracic spine with bony spurs, disc degeneration and other problems I was completetly unaware of. When the spurs impinge / press on certain parts of the spinal cord, they cause these strange paresthesias. Also, severe stress can give you tingling, twitching, chills, sweats, and dozens of other weird symptoms. There is a great website for health anxiety (I don't think I can mention the name of it here), but you'd be surprised how many people have the same symptoms as you do. The worst case scenario would be fibromyalgia which is notorious for causing widespread pain without an obvious cause. You never know when or where it will act up. You may want to research fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome. Blessings! Nyt
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Soreness and pain.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics