what neuro said

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

what neuro said

Postby redhead on July 1st, 2014, 1:05 pm

Hi All
Im new here

Just wondering about what my neuro said in april means. If anyone can help i would be greatful. After my emg he said that what i have is common and people should never self diagnose. Just wondering was anyone else told this?
redhead

Re: what neuro said

Postby Yuliasir on July 1st, 2014, 2:24 pm

almost everybody were told so either by doctors or by fellows or by relatives.

it is true. self-diagnostics is exhausting, especially if you are not medic. If you are. it is even more exhausting ;)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby redhead on July 1st, 2014, 2:36 pm

Thank you for replying have had crazy symptoms. If it was more serious the emg would have picked it up? Been twitching since last october. Had emg in april. Just need reasurrance because i am still twitching.
redhead

Postby Yuliasir on July 1st, 2014, 2:55 pm

EMG does not resolve twitches at all it just could determine if twitches are associated with somethig sinister or not. 7 month between onset and EMG is well enough to exclude any MND usually.

we all have strange symptomes here, eou are not alone
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on July 2nd, 2014, 4:25 am

redhead wrote:Thank you for replying have had crazy symptoms. If it was more serious the emg would have picked it up? Been twitching since last october. Had emg in april. Just need reasurrance because i am still twitching.

EMG doesn't lie and if nothing was picked up and its seconded by a clean neuro exam you have a clean bill of health. Its possible that you could still be twitching in 20 years time so don't spend that time sat worrying. Go out and enjoy.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby redhead on July 3rd, 2014, 11:57 am

Just wondering if other people with bfs have this my hands have become very thin. I can see veins very clearly on my palm and the back of my hands the skin feels thin and loose think thats how i can explain it. Anyone have this please reply and let me know.
redhead

Postby redhead on July 3rd, 2014, 11:58 am

Just wondering if other people with bfs have this my hands have become very thin. I can see veins very clearly on my palm and the back of my hands the skin feels thin and loose think thats how i can explain it. Anyone have this please reply and let me know.
redhead

Postby Yuliasir on July 3rd, 2014, 12:58 pm

this is subcutaneus fat loss, and almose every BFSer reports that. I do not know if it is due to BFS, anxiety or whatever but it is extremely common.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby redhead on July 4th, 2014, 10:35 am

Just about the subcutaneous fat would that be around my wrist aswell because my wrist looks thin too? Sorry for all the questions just new to this
redhead

Postby Yuliasir on July 4th, 2014, 11:03 am

yes sure according to my own experience and to the experience of other feloows, the most affected areas are hands, wrists, feet, ankles, and one fellow had reported even a rib cage :) this is one of the sources of panick atrophy thoughts however it is not muscle atrophy at all.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby redhead on July 4th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Sorry for all the questions i also have this symptom that when i strech out my left arm to my side i feel like the nerves or ligaments or somthing is pulled or stretched i can feel it all down my arm into my hand. Very strange any taughts anybody?
redhead

Postby Yuliasir on July 4th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Well, this rather means you may have tendinitis I think. Or just a muskle tension due to misalignment caused by trauma for example. A question for ortopedist I think.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby redhead on July 4th, 2014, 1:11 pm

I hold my shoulder up all the time cant relax it if you know what i mean. Hopefully thats what its from. I notice i am doing it then i try to relax. My girlfriend says it looks like i have no neck. Just worried its a symptom of ###. I think i have gotten over my fear of it but still creeps back in every so often.
redhead

Postby Yuliasir on July 4th, 2014, 1:56 pm

seems like posture issue for me, tensed people also may have that position...anyway question for orthopedist, I think.

Really never heard people with ALS have shoulder tension...

any more symptomes you want to check? :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby redhead on July 4th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for all the questions just worried about all thats going on with me since last october. My anxiety was through the roof before christmas but i am starting to relax since emg and last neuro visit. He told me i was fine and i needed to remember that with the next symptom i get. You have been very helpful. I will sort out appointment with physio and see what he does and says.
redhead

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management