ALS Fear flared back up

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

ALS Fear flared back up

Postby Arkansan on June 27th, 2014, 9:42 pm

I am having a lot focus of symptoms in my right leg and it's really worrying me. I have lots of pain in it, a deep aching pain or kind of a mild dull thing, really hard to describe. I get it mostly in my right leg, but some in my left leg and in my hands. Today I also had a bout of rapid twitching an area of muscles on the outside of my right calf. It was like all these separate jumping spots in an area about the size of my fist. I am also still having some twitching all over. I am really concerned about all this.

The pain being focused in my right leg bothers me, its either in my foot or the back of my leg above my knee. Though I am having a spot between my right thumb and forefinger. I wonder why this is focused on my right side mostly. In all fairness I did manage to walk up 8 stories by stairs and then back down them.

Should I even be sweating this. Anyone else have the same stuff?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: ALS Fear flared back up

Postby johnnythejet on June 27th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Should you be sweating BFS? No.

You only just posted about this same concern a couple weeks ago:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20555
--I posted the last comment on that thread by warning you about the addiction to seeking reassurance from others. We all have come here for answers to our questions, and you've been around for 2 years and have asked and learned much about BFS. Undoubtedly, you've been reassured more than an hundred times and have read the same thing repeated over and over. Your brain knows that these symptoms represent BFS, but your anxiety causes worry. You need to find a new way to remove your focus from this nonsense and focus back on real life stuff. There's nothing more for you to hear that you haven't already heard many times over. The more you come for the relief of hearing others say "you're okay", the harder it will be to move on. I've known twitchers who have lost the better part of 5 years stuck in this same rut, all for nothing. Don't be in that boat. Life is short.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 27th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Arkansan,
pain around the knee MOST PROBABLY is caused by deep vein trombosis (worse case of course) but anyway I would rather suggest to do a coagulation bloodwork, check your leg condition with the flebologist etc. rather than fear about ALS. Surely such issues are usually bonded to one side.

Such trombosis may happen even ot very fit people, like my own cousin who is a wrestler etc. but he was smoking as a volcano and at his 39 boom! 3 month in a bed, a hell of pain, leg tromb, lung tromb, fortunately they manage to dissolve it.

One even does not need to smoke, if you dont. Sedentary work, any drugs to increase blood viscosity, hormonal status causing high blood viscosity, dehydration due to summer time, whatever... and boom.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on July 2nd, 2014, 1:56 am

So going through my old posts here I discovered that I mentioned almost the exact same symptoms in my leg, the tightness and pain and whatnot a year ago. I guess it went away at some point because I don't remember it the whole time. So the fact that it went away and came back is a good sign right?

Oh tonight I also have a tweak in my right shoulder and just a bit in my neck, any one else have this? It's like a mild tightness with a bit of pain.

I have also been having some twitches on my face, like under my eye lid, on my nose and the like. Anyone else? There have been some twitches in my back too.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on July 2nd, 2014, 4:36 am

Arkansan wrote:So going through my old posts here I discovered that I mentioned almost the exact same symptoms in my leg, the tightness and pain and whatnot a year ago. I guess it went away at some point because I don't remember it the whole time. So the fact that it went away and came back is a good sign right?

Oh tonight I also have a tweak in my right shoulder and just a bit in my neck, any one else have this? It's like a mild tightness with a bit of pain.

I have also been having some twitches on my face, like under my eye lid, on my nose and the like. Anyone else? There have been some twitches in my back too.

sporadic random twitching all over the body is no concern in fact it reinforces your BFS status. Leg/muscle pain is all par for the course. Actual pain in MND is not a problem as the disease does not affect sensory nerves just motor.

Johnny has given you the best advice and my suggestion is you take it on board and start enjoying yourself again.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on July 12th, 2014, 3:56 pm

I know I keep cycling back to this but I am really in a rut right now.

Two to three time in the past couple of days my left knee has buckled slightly while taking a step. I have also had a concentration of large jumping, and rippling type twitches in that knee, in the same spot on it even. The rippling type twitches are scary to me, because its like waves running really fast across that muscle almost, has anyone else had these? Should I be concerned about the buckling and the twitching in that knee showing up at the same time? I mean as of today I could still jog around on it just fine. I have had the buckling thing while stepping from time to time in the past, and several other members of my family do it but I can't recall having it on side before. Oh and just a minute ago standing up from the couch caused a large rippling type twitch in that knee and in the spot that has been acting up.

Also I am having a lot of twitches in my head. Like the side of my nose, my lips, and in my tongue. Are the ones in my head a concern?

I am also experiencing lots of pain here lately, like a certain spot in a muscle will feel tight and ache and hurt. However if I or some one else feel of the muscle it doesn't feel tensed up. I am also having a lot of dull pain and tightness in my neck here lately.

Am I still just over thinking this all? It just seems so strange.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics