Muscle jerking and fasiculations

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Muscle jerking and fasiculations

Postby Karenmg on June 18th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Anyone experience twitches in bicep, tricep that almost moves your arm ? My left arm twitches on and off 24/7. Sometimes the twitch is like a fast jerk where if I'm leaning on arm it almost jumps. One day had an episode where my right bicep was twitching uncontrollably for a few hours. You could see the muscle jerk. Took magnesium. It stopped, but it was quite scary watching the muscle shake. Is this normal with bfs? No other issues. Just twitchin and jumping. Any helpful,input would be appreciated. Saw neuro last month who doesn't seem concerned. Wondering about a second opinion.
Karenmg
Interested
Interested

Re: Muscle jerking and fasiculations

Postby johnnythejet on June 18th, 2014, 10:27 pm

If the neuro isn't concerned, neither should you be.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Tohapane66 on June 19th, 2014, 1:13 am

I imagine pretty common. My toes and fingers often move from the fasciculations. Sometimes the twitching is so persistent and strong it keeps my toes moving constantly for a day or so. Pretty annoying when it happens, but I know it will eventually settle down.
Tohapane66

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS