Knee Problems have me worried

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Knee Problems have me worried

Postby Arkansan on June 4th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Hi guys and gals long time no see.

I have been having this feeling in my right knee cap, or just under it anyway. I can't really describe it, it is sort of a very mild tightness maybe or really just this indescribable sensation. I am also noticing that if I sit down and try to raise that leg out in front of me at the knee, it seems to get tired much quicker than the left. I am also having some twitches in the area around it, as well as sum in my mouth, my gums more specifically. I also have felt like the knee buckled a few times.

I am worried about this because I read about a doctor whose ALS started with what he called a trick knee. Should I be worried about this? I feel like I have had this sensation in my knee a few times in the past couple of years, which is about how long ago I started twitching. Now in all honesty I have been working out a good bit here lately, which has included a variety of squats some with weights some without.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Knee Problems have me worried

Postby Arkansan on June 8th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Anybody? Haven't worked out in maybe 3-4 days and this is still going on, really got me worried.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on June 9th, 2014, 12:00 am

nope you should not.

simple logic: if you have a twithing activity, your muscle has to be easily tired - it WORKS involuntarily all the time.

many fellows here complained for tightness around the knee, like a band somtimes - it is also a paresthesia or may be a circulatory issue.

and you know well about the ALS reading - DO NOT READ STORIES. You will misinterpret them and the results would be poor.

People with the weak knee can not stant and walk becasue the muscled are useless, and you are making weight squats.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on June 13th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Thanks for replying it helps some. I am just so worried about it. It seems like it has been the same knee (the right) on and off since my BFS began. There is just this weird sensation, like a mild tightness. The leg also feels more fatigued in general than the right and I notice a lot of twitches all over that leg. I am still really worried about it. So others have had the tightness or weird sensation under the knee cap?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on June 13th, 2014, 10:13 pm

yes I read that many times (fellows describe that as sometimes a rubber band feeling), mostly in men. This is one of the few symptomes I had not experienced yet, but I may assure you that it is very common. Unilaterl preference of symptomes is almost a must, and again no wonder that fasciculation limb feels more fatigued. All for BFS.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on June 14th, 2014, 11:44 am

Unilateral symptoms are associated with BFS or ALS? Sorry I'm just still really nervous. I also feel like I'm not as stable on that leg either. So all these things can be BFS?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on June 14th, 2014, 11:35 pm

with both but please consider severity range! in BFS you have predominant twitches on one side while on ALS you have paralysis...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby DKM on June 15th, 2014, 1:46 am

I have been getting pain in my right knee also. It's kind of like an arthitis type pain but can feel a bit weak at times.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you exercise regularly you will also be likely to get some pain in the joints but when the ALS fear is there you will end up associating it with that.

You'll be fine!
DKM

Postby johnnythejet on June 17th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Arkansan wrote:I have been having this feeling in my right knee cap, or just under it anyway. I can't really describe it, it is sort of a very mild tightness maybe or really just this indescribable sensation.

You have forgot the rule of thumb. If you are describing your symptoms in terms of "feeling" then you aren't talking about ALS.
ALS is about failing, not feeling.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on June 25th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Well I am back again. I am still having a good pit of this deep ache type pain. I also have what I describe as tingling or a crawling type sensation, mostly in my legs below the knee, with some in my arms and upper leg. I still have the tight sensation in my right kneecap, or under it I should say. I am still having widespread twitches though mostly in my legs. I feel sometimes like my legs are unsteady or something. It is the pain that gets me though, it has me worried that it is cramping, but the muscles don't feel tight or hard to move and the pain is transient and so far bearable. I also have some stinging burning sensation in spots from time to time.

I haven't slept well here lately, and today I am at the hospital while my brother undergoes his second brain surgery. I can still do my sandbag workout and practice my martial arts. It also seems that if I tense the muscle in my right calf intentionally it stays kinda tight for a few seconds after.

Does all of this still sound like BFS?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on June 25th, 2014, 10:31 pm

Yes it does
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on June 25th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Arkansan wrote:...this deep ache type pain. I also have what I describe as tingling or a crawling type sensation, mostly in my legs below the knee, .... tight sensation in my right kneecap,...I feel sometimes like my legs are unsteady ..... It is the pain that gets me ... I also have some stinging burning sensation in spots from time to time.
Does all of this still sound like BFS?

Did you not read my last reply to your post?

Reread it and then think closely about your symptoms. Don't let yourself get into the cycle of needing reassurance from others to get by. You have the knowledge you need to be secure with your diagnosis.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics