My day today. Hope this helps

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My day today. Hope this helps

Postby DoubleD on May 24th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Went for a 5 mile hike today with my wife and daughter. Just a few years ago I was CONVINCED I would never be able to do this. My life seemed over. I could not walk even a block then. Weakness and fear was to much to overcome.

Here is a breakdown of my day.

Woke up fatigued. Tried caffeine and a power bar. No help. Legs felt like lead. Hoped by the time we drove to the trail site I would feel better.

After and hour drive to the trail was still fatigued and legs felt a little numb and twitching like a monster. Wanted to curse BFS but didn't want to waste the breath.

Got to the trail and Praised God for the beautiful weather and the fact that I was alive. Not long ago I was convinced I was dying. Going thru that reminds me of what I used to take for granted.

10 minutes into the walk I was out of breath. One weird BFs symptom I get is tightness and twitching in my diaphragm and it bothers my breathing. In the past I would be looking for a hospital. Now I just adjusted my stride and took it easy.

Hour into the walk and now my legs are wobbly, breathing crappy and wondering if I wasted my money on the gym membership! Hoped to feel like a million dollars but right now I feel closer to $1.95.

2 hours in now and heading down the trail and now my %#%# legs don't work right. I feel (and look) like a toddler learning to walk. Stumbling and stomping down the mountain. At this point I hope I don't face plant in front of my family. Happy to see the car.

At the car: legs are numb. Head is foggy. My wife asks if I'm ok and I cowboy up and say "yep" . "Let's keep going." I mean what else would John Wayne say? I'm glad she decides to go for a drive instead.

In the car: happy to be alive and replaying all the birds, bugs, flowers, plants .....that I saw today. I have not given a second thought to BFs . Yes my legs are completely *beep* at me, my back hurts and my feet have a pack of rabid worms fighting it out, but I could care less. I know that it will pass and the next time I may not feel this bad. But if I do I will power through it. The mountain was great and I'm grinning ear to ear. Tomorrow is yard work and Monday a bike ride.

Oh yeah almost forgot. On the ride back we get a flat tire on the gravel road. Fantastic. But for some dumb reason I'm still happy because John Wayne can fix a flat and save the day :)

My wife was impressed

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Re: My day today. Hope this helps

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 25th, 2014, 8:50 am

Hi John Wayne :wink: , another helpfull story. Thank you for sharing your day. I hope that I will discribe a similar day in a couple of weeks or months too. It is always a good thing to hear that it is possible that these symptoms will be lost importance over the time.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DoubleD on May 25th, 2014, 9:15 am

My wife is a big John Wayne fan so anytime I can "rescue her" with my superhero strength I cease the moment! :lol:
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics