feet twitches extremly

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: feet twitches extremly

Postby Yuliasir on January 11th, 2014, 9:25 am

My dear,
ALS starts with spasticity (constant seizure, which is relatively rare onset) or weak paralysis (or foot drop) which is more often, as far as I know. Cramps and twitches are not like this looks.
Most probably it happens becasue you are generally in fears and think about your foot. Toe twithing is not dangerous and you should really worry only if your foot experience extrememly strong and painful seizure which could not be relieved by leg movement or muscle straining. Usually suspicious spasticity means that the leg becoems curved or takes weird position so a person can not walk properly. Daytime cramps also are nothing according to my own experience. You must not test your leg in that condition, you may try warm bath or leg bath if you do not want to take the whole body one. YOu also must take something against anxiety which I believe is available in Germany as OTC (whatever is safe and goos for you) and think about further antianxiety program (preferrably CBT or something similar).

I would aso suggest to see a gyno ednocrynologist to see of your hormonal level is Ok becasue it can cause cramps too and of course can cause extreme mood instability aggravating your issues.

Do you take any birth control pills? have you ever checked your blood viscosity? In our age legs may already suffer with venous stagnation and this may cause pain and cramps dye to bad blood supply too.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 11th, 2014, 10:44 am

Dear yuliasir, Thanks a lot!!! But I have one question: The extreme strong feet sensation you describe, is extreme different to cramps??? I ask because my cramps are very strong and sometimes it takes a lot of time to disappear. I have to walk round and round in the room then for a long time. Are this really cramps? Is it also a cramp, when my whole feet twitches?? Dear Yuliasir, I am so appreciate for your answers and helps. Please excuse me for asking so much.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on January 11th, 2014, 11:04 am

Hi again, dear, and I do not think that the twitching of the whole foot is a cram. twitching is twitching, it is almost not painful and quick and releases itself.
during the cramp usually it is hard to walk, and it is painful too but releases if you move the limb or stress the muscle in certain direction, so if you have light cramps which stay here when walking, it is OK, I also have them when i walk to the supermarket or do my daily excersises. Also after each cramp usually some pain stays for several hours.
As far as I understand, people with a real central brain induced spasms (related to ALS) have a pain such strong that they can not flex a foot or a hand (which assumes contracted position) ansd usually admit themselves immediately to ER becasue they can not release the spasms.
If you can walk, this is still a light cramp I think.
Pain in BFS cramps is about like 4-5 from 10, while as far as I understand, pain at ALS spasms is about 8 from 10 points, VERY STRONG. You also may have tightness feeling not releasing for a long time but this might be a sensory issue, also pointing our from ALS.
I can not say nothing more, becasue I do not see you and can not estimate your pain level or level of discomfort. Anyway persistent pain in the legs may indicate not ALS but venous cirulation problems which also have to be addressed the sooner the better. So if that bothers you, it is worth to see a GP doctor who will them direct you to surgeon, podiatrist or neurologist depending on your presentation.

Sorry can not say nothing more sueful.
Hugs
yulia
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 11th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Thank you Yuliasir.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on January 11th, 2014, 7:18 pm

I think even the fact that you are having twitching and cramps in your "FEET" is less worrisome.

Most people with something more serious would have this only in one side.

However nothing says more than a neuro telling you you're fine so our comments are irrelevant beside that.

I get constant twitches in my feet with some cramps / spasms as well.
Gamindsoc1509

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 13th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Dear Gamindsoc. That is a good information. It calmes me down. Thank you. :D
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Bibi on May 24th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Hi i am another newtwitchwer and i has alsåo A lot of fascikulations i my left leg and both feet. My leg feels very tired because of The fascikulations going ón evrytime i sit or lay in my bed. In my feet it feels like little worms and this scaresmé so much. I alså have some in my hands , arms , shoulders and face, bur hotspots is in my leg and feet. In The Night i have cramps in my leg and feet . My Right leg fees stiff and Heavy When i Walk , but i Can Walk ón my toes and heels whitout problems, my Big toe feels like " sleeping " . My left arm has A little pain And i feel tired in it When i Use it , is this kind of weakness ? These things has going ón for 4 weeks and i have already seen An neurolog Who made A clinical examination which was fine and he dó not Think i need an EMG. I am so scared about having these symptoms , i am A woman at 55 years and i Can see that my Risk are higher because off my age.
Sorry for my english !
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on May 24th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Bibi,
weakness is not that your arm feels tired but in fact clinical weakness means you can not use it at all.
When my BFS had started, I read many complains here on that site about "I can not brush my teeth becasue I have tiredness and even pain in my shoulder or arm" and I was really surprised becasue I had that symptom from the early childhood. I CAN NOT BRUSH MY TEETH without having a pain like I was holding a heavy load in it - since I can remember I ever brushing my teeth (at least of forty years I think). For all my life I thought I am lazy - -and it appeared I just have and had for all my life what is called excercise intolerance - mildest physcial load caused me pain and soreness in the muscles.
Nevertheless I was able to live a normal life and even do a sport gymnastics (very unusual sport for hypermobile person which I am becasue I can not raise my hands up to the level of my shoulder without having the shoulder joint painlessly dislodged, not saying about excersises to do on the braces) :)))

as for toes feel sleeping, it is rather local nerve compression. I know you are a bit over 50, in that age we start to experience less felxibility in our muscles and joints, and a foor has several dosens of tiny bones which can easily compress a nerve. I had two toes numb for about a 6 month after only few hours of walking in too tight shoes, so it is nothing too rare or too special.

welcome here, I am sure you would find a lot of similar stories on the board and it would help you to find a peace of mind regarding your condition.
hugs
Yulia
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 25th, 2014, 8:39 am

Dear Bibi, I have also pain in my left arm. Listen to Yulia, she is right. Welcome on this board.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Bibi on May 25th, 2014, 11:52 am

Thank You for The comments. You are rigt about my age and i have Think if this has something to do Whit my hormones. I had my last period 3 month Ago and i really feel different in my body and mind. My heart beats more Quick and i feel nerveos which i never Tried like this before. I feel sick , but mayby it is hormonstatus that is so different now.
I dont know if i should talk to my GP again, i am really nerveos ,,but i try not to pay it too much attention.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Bibi on May 26th, 2014, 1:31 pm

nrwtwitcher wrote:Dear Bibi, I have also pain in my left arm. Listen to Yulia, she is right. Welcome on this board.

Tank You , nrwtwitcher !
I have Read your posts from january and Can see that You have been afraid like i am now. I am so afraid that i Will get more and more symptoms of A.. , today ( and other days to ) i feel very weak in my left arm and i have pain in it When i Use it . I have Read in A Danish side that it could be at first symptom , month before other symptoms. I often bites my cheeks or tounge , and this worries mé too. I feel like depressed and Think it is hard not to know what these symptoms come from.
How are You now, have You seen another GP or neurologist ? Are your symptoms still going on ?
I hope You feel better !
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 26th, 2014, 1:58 pm

Hi Bibi, I really hope that this information, that pain in one arm can be a first sign, is NOT right! I hope there are further comments... I do not feel better over the last months, but I hope it will be better in the near future... Anxious make it worse...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Bibi on May 26th, 2014, 2:28 pm

nrwtwitcher wrote:Hi Bibi, I really hope that this information, that pain in one arm can be a first sign, is NOT right! I hope there are further comments... I do not feel better over the last months, but I hope it will be better in the near future... Anxious make it worse...

Hi nrwtwitcher !
Sorry that you are not feeling better! Havent you talked to your doctor ? When i first discovered my fascikulations i searched for The symptoms at Danish Health sides and that made me very afraid . I am glad that i Found this side ( BFS ) and i hope i am like the other People here whit benign fascikulations. My neurologist didnt Think i need an EMG because The clinical test came out fine whit no weakness or atrofi and my reflexes Where normal. I trust him , but i am still afraid that The disease Will show up because i have only had The fascikulations and cramp for about 4 weeks.
It is hard to sleep in The Night , because of constant Twitcher in my feet and specially left leg.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS