New with fascikulations and cramps

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New with fascikulations and cramps

Postby Bibi on May 22nd, 2014, 2:01 pm

hi, i am new to this forum and am very afraid because I have so many fasciculations especially in my thinnerleft leg, but also in the right leg and feet. I have it in my hands and face every day, butespecially my left leg fascikulerer constant. the other night I got cramp in my feet and legs and it lasted all night. next day was my right leg heavy and stiff and felt very tired. my big toe feels like it's asleep. I am very anxious because of this. I was the neurologist a week ago and he did clinical examination and found no signs of MND. He does not think I have done EMG when he said that the study would show the disease and not EMG. I am very nervous and can not think of anything else, I'm a woman and 55 years and it is most often in the age of the disease appear. The fascikulations started 4 weeks Ago and i first went to my GP , that made some bloodtests . I have A little low D but notning Else . I am so afraid that The fascikulations are The first sign of MND og now i am afraid that my underlegs has become thinner. I Can Walk on toes and Heel s , i have cheked that . I am going back to The neurologist tomorrow , i am so afraid so i have to be assured ( i hope ) but i am kind of embarrassed and at the same time i i am afraid that he Will se signs of MND . I have never been that scared in my live.
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New with fascikulations and cramps

Postby mwagner on May 23rd, 2014, 12:15 pm

It's normal for a left leg (which isn't dominant) to be thinner than the right. You do a lot more with your right foot and leg. Please don't worry and trust your neurologist. You don't have weakness, have been checked out by the neurologist, so I'm sure you have BFS like the rest of us. Your symptoms are the same, and your age makes no difference. BFS can affect anyone of any age. Please get anything else off your mind. I know you're scared, but the more time that goes by, the better.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 24th, 2014, 6:22 am

Bibi, I understand your fears so much. I am in a constant panic mode since 8 months now. My left leg is like yours thinner than the right. I have also cramps and twitches in my legs and feet. My neuro told me the same, the clinical examinations is the main important, more important than any emgs... I also have a very low vit D level, I have read this can cause fasciculations and muscle problems. You have no weakness, so you havn`t xyz...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics