Constant twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Constant twitching

Postby Amylou29 on March 19th, 2014, 3:18 am

Hi, as you all know my left thigh area has been sore for ages now, I've been getting painful twinges in it too, are these cramps or spasms? Any one know of any thing to stop/ease them? They are worse with movement, kind of feels like the start of a cramp but never goes into a full blown one? Is this all part if bfs? Thank you
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on March 22nd, 2014, 7:01 am

Another question ...... The painful twinges I'm feeling that I think maybe spasms are in the muscle areas that are sore eg thighs and biceps, bfs,als of bfcs? I'm so confused from all the information I've read. I've read a story by a lady with als and she says first twitching then cramps, also a lot have soreness. I know the weakness comes into play a massive amount but how can I be sure these symptoms are benign? I started with twitching only, I've had that constantly for 8 months and know these spasms for 2, is this progression? I've also read bfcs is very very rare and I don't think it's cramps I'm having. I can't find anything about benign fasiculation spasm syndrome?????
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ShawnW on March 24th, 2014, 10:47 am

Amylou29 wrote:Another question ...... The painful twinges I'm feeling that I think maybe spasms are in the muscle areas that are sore eg thighs and biceps, bfs,als of bfcs? I'm so confused from all the information I've read. I've read a story by a lady with als and she says first twitching then cramps, also a lot have soreness. I know the weakness comes into play a massive amount but how can I be sure these symptoms are benign? I started with twitching only, I've had that constantly for 8 months and know these spasms for 2, is this progression? I've also read bfcs is very very rare and I don't think it's cramps I'm having. I can't find anything about benign fasiculation spasm syndrome?????

Many of us are trying to watch our "information hygiene" as Yulia so wonderfully put. Please don't bring those stories here. If you have a question about a specific story you read somewhere...please go to PM with someone you trust. I can say that story is not a typical presentation of ***. And if BFCS were so rare, why do most of us have some of these issues. I have all the issues you are talking about. If you are truly concerned go to your neurologist. I would assume you have had a clean MRI, EMG and neuro exam. If not, get them.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on March 24th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare any one, I was just very stressed and typed before I thought. I've had a clean MRI although I'm not sure what that punts for and I had a clean clinical exam, neuro didn't see the need to do an emg, I really want to trust what he says I'm just scared and these symptoms are driving me nuts!
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ShawnW on March 25th, 2014, 7:00 am

It's all good. I totally understand. At the beginning of all of this. I came across an "atypical presentation" that worked against everything I had studied. There are plenty of stories, that can't be validated by unnamed sources on the net that will drive you crazy. I took it to an established member of this board in PM. She gave some really good advice...advice that I should have already known through common sense. But, in the mist of anxiety we lose our heads....we don't process well. I just work really hard today to avoid those kinds of stories. I work on my information hygiene. If I must study they must come from solid medical sources.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on March 25th, 2014, 9:24 am

Yes you're right, it's so hard to know what is true and what's not, especially regarding " early symptoms " yulisar and RGB have been great, they're probably fed up of my posts, I would be if I were them! It's just so so hard to draw a line under the worry, especially with constant little twitching reminders ha ha.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on April 7th, 2014, 11:22 am

I've just been to see my doctor and he read the letter written to him by the neuro I saw. In the letter it says he didn't see any fasiculations in my arm, he only looked at if for a few seconds! I told my dr that I twitch constantly, non stop all over but mostly in my calfs. He said *** twitching is much different, any one know how? Thank you
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on April 30th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone else twitches continuously, especially obvious first thing in the morning. It's like fire works going off. Would be nice to know I'm not alone, thanks.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 1st, 2014, 6:32 am

Dear Amylou, I am twitching since 7 months, non stop. And not only non stop, it goes worse over the time.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on May 1st, 2014, 12:26 pm

THANKYOU for replying, yep mines the same, been twitching since June last year. Have you taken any thing for them?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on May 1st, 2014, 2:39 pm

I'm sitting here at my desk at work and my bicep is twitching once per second (been doing this for 12 weeks straight). Other than that, my calves are crawling (as they've done every second of every day for nearly 3 years) and I'm feeling about 10-20 pops/ flutters/ tugs in all other muscles per minute. The random pops are mainly in my upper arms, but also my thighs, back, and even my tongue. So yeah, mine are pretty *beep* constant.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby nervous nel on May 1st, 2014, 2:59 pm

Hi amylou, I have twitched for almost 4 years now although I have had the odd twitches even before then, my legs go crazy on a morning, I twitch all over my face, my tongue, the back of my neck, my stomach, back, buttocks, genitals, legs and feet, I get hotspots, pops, flutters, machine gun rumble types, I get pain and crampy feelings, the full bfs works :)
nervous nel

Postby Amylou29 on May 3rd, 2014, 3:14 am

Thanks guys for replying, nice to know I'm 'normal' ha ha.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 3rd, 2014, 7:35 am

Amylou, I tried Gabapentin but it doesn`t help me right now...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on May 3rd, 2014, 10:35 am

When my twitching is really bad, like it has been lately, my muscles are just "active". Its more than twitching. I feel tugs, pulls, quivers, flutters, and thumping twitches, in my legs, arms, back, and chest constantly throughout the day. Impossible to count them because its like the muscle is just moving. Some of my twitches are the big thumpers, but most are very tough to see. If I look at my arms and shoulders in the mirror, you can see the subtle movements of the muscles under the skin. Like little dimples going off. So weird.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS