Tongue Fasciculations

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tongue Fasciculations

Postby bobajojo on April 12th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Anyone ever get them like this? Been going all day. I noticed this same spot going in November. Not sure if its been doing it ever since. I can barely feel these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyq6wkPvEM
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Tongue Fasciculations

Postby wjjw on April 15th, 2014, 6:07 pm

bobajojo wrote:Anyone ever get them like this? Been going all day. I noticed this same spot going in November. Not sure if its been doing it ever since. I can barely feel these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyq6wkPvEM

Hi Matt,

I can only assume that the lack of response means that no one else has protruded their tongues at that angle and closely inspected it. As someone who has extreme jaw and neck hyper-excitability (even after major body-wide twitching decreases) I was really tempted to look, but refused to do so.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby bfshopeful on April 24th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Yes I have. For months at a time. Comes and goes.
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby jcmommie on April 26th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Had them since 2009, at least that's when I noticed them. I don't feel them, just see them when I look. They are on the left lateral side of my tongue.
Just keep swimming...
jcmommie

Postby TwitchyDoc on April 29th, 2014, 5:26 am

I tried and my wife has the same as in your video, in her case it clearly not fasciculations. Because your tongue is stuck out halfway, some of its intrinsic muscles are pulling and releasing to keep the posture. In her case it looked exactly as your video. The only way to be sure there is a fasciculation is to check the tongue while resting (or if you feel the twitch and can visually confirm its location as tongue tremor movement is not felt at all).
I do not have the link to my private video but I a month ago took a video of clear, lateral fasciculation of my tongue. It was one spot twitching like 5-8 times in a row and I could faintly feel it.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on April 29th, 2014, 11:22 am

These are definite fasciculations, not normal quivering. When my tongue is resting in my mouth, they are still visible, but its too tough to get on video because its too dark.

Every morning when I brush my teeth, I end by taking a quick look at my tongue. I think I just expect it to be twitching and it makes me feel good on the mornings I don't see any. Like maybe its starting to settle down. I'd say that at least half the time, if I look for 30 seconds or so, I'll see a fascic or two. Sometimes it'll be several in a row in the same spot, or it could be one on the right side, followed immediately by one of the left side. I'll also catch them underneath my tongue, way in the back, right smack in the middle, etc. Frustrating.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on April 29th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Matt, I do exactly the same thing every morning...usually also later in the car when I arrive to work. I am so happy to hear that it seems to be settling down! As for the video, I know, I used to use a flashlight when shooting the tongue with my camera.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group