Neck tension and ear fullness

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Neck tension and ear fullness

Postby spb1126 on April 18th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with neck tension and ear fullness? I was having head pressure which has abated alightly but have the ear fullness and discomfort regularly along with neck tension. I'm told it's stress but I'm wondering if this is another BFS symptom? it's uncomfortable and bothers me daily. My MRI is fine and I've had some days with only mild symptoms. I haven't tried a chiro but am having PT which may be exacerbating rather than helping.

I appreciate any ideas as this has been going on for months. thanks.
spb1126

Re: Neck tension and ear fullness

Postby ShawnW on April 18th, 2014, 5:25 pm

I have definitely had neck tightness.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Red Raider on April 18th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Hi
Just like Shawn I get this as well bad and I've been doing PT for it as well. My MRI is clean to but the say I have a military neck. What I do for mine is get a massage just of the neck shoulders helps. Hot hot shower helps. Get you a neck heating pad from wal greens help tremendously. Find the spot in your neck where it is the most sore and press and hold pressure there moving your head around in a circle typically for me it is the big muscles on the sides and the trapezius muscle. That's what helps me out and ice sometimes but for me heat is better and about 600mg of advil and a good nights rest. I'm a person full of stress Shawn can tell you that good luck and hit me up I have few things I do as well for it.
Houston
Red Raider

Postby spb1126 on April 22nd, 2014, 12:40 pm

Thanks for replying. I hate it. I keep thinking that there's a nerve irritated in my neck that is causing this bilateral tension and ear stuff. I really appreciate your responses.
spb1126

Postby Red Raider on April 26th, 2014, 8:58 pm

I've learned with an MRI your lying still correct. When you move or possibly sleep weird you could be irratating a nerve that's my theory anyways. In Dallas they have this new MRI machine I was told you could actually move in it to see different positions so that's the next step for me.
Houston
Red Raider

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management