welbutrin

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

welbutrin

Postby TheCBkid on April 9th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Anyone take this to treat anxiety and depression? Does it help twitching? Cramping?
TheCBkid

Re: welbutrin

Postby leaflea on April 9th, 2014, 6:30 pm

I am not positive, but I think Wellbutrin is one that could actually cause it or increase anxiety. It is one you want to stay away from if anxiety is part of your picture.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on April 10th, 2014, 8:01 am

I would strongly discourage everyone from trying Wellbutrin. Sure, I'm in the neurology field, not psychiatry, but Wellbutrin is aimed at major depression and its results with anxiety disorders are questionable. And side effects...it is not worth it.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby ag2002 on April 21st, 2014, 5:55 pm

I have taken 450mg of Welbutrin and 1.25mg of Klonopin since Oct. 2012. I never had any major anxiety or depression problems before I began having BFS symptoms. Well, after I began having the symptoms I became depressed and anxious. The Welbutrin will help with depressiotn for some individuals. I don't believe that it is the reason my symptoms are almost nonexistent today. The klonopin has helped with the muscle twitching and sensations and the Welbutrin with the depression. For me, they work well together. I tried plenty of other meds that worked neither on my depression or BFS symptoms. In fact, most had horrible side effects. With my symptoms down, eventually I might try to wean off the meds per my physicians orders. You have to watch out for withdrawl symptoms, especially with klonopin which is a benzodiazapine (same class as xanax). Every individual is different though. Also, you will need to get some counseling and self help type material in order to help deal with the core issues of your depression and anxiety. The meds help, but are not addressing the source of the anxiety and depression. Hope you find healing. God bless.
ag2002

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management