hand atrophy

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

hand atrophy

Postby priyam203 on April 8th, 2014, 2:31 pm

Hi, My name is Priyam and I am 24 year old. I am new to bfs community. I have questions about dents and atrophy in my hands. I have seen many of posts about hand atrophy but I want you people to take a look and see if it is really a atrophy. I am very skinny guy about 120lbs and 5'10''. I have lost few lbs because of ibs and I couldn't eat much for couple of months.

My symptoms are:
twitching all over
very brisk reflexes, neurologist said not to worry since they were not pathological
muscle cramps sometimes
my arms and legs burns or feel sore when lifting them for few seconds, but I can do pushups.
legs starts to bounce when heel is raised and toes are on ground, I have talked to my neurologist about this but she was not concerned. She did check for clonus in my ankles but couldn't find anything pathological.
I also have numbness and tingling in hand, legs and feet when sitting for long time or applying pressure on limbs especially when sleeping.
I also have sjogren's syndrome and my b12 levels came really low at 118. I have had two shots of b12 so far, but need to take them for four months every two weeks.
Mri of brain and c-spine normal and I am set for an emg on 28th of this month.
I have attached my hand pictures to a link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ken24mu8taocscr/EhW5ptrr1k

Thank You
Please let me know what you people think.
priyam203

Re: hand atrophy

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 8th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Dear Priyam, I saw your pictures and I can tell you that your hand looks like my hand. And I have asked my doctor if this could be a athrophy. But it is really normal. No atrophy!
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby priyam203 on April 8th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply nrwtwitcher. I have just noticed it couple of days ago, I really don't know since when I have had this. But I am very skinny guy, so hopefully this could be normal for me and I will definetly ask my neurologist about this. Again thank you very much for the reply.
priyam203

Postby Yuliasir on April 8th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Perfectly nice hands as for me.
People in BFS tend to lose subcutaneous fat (have no idea why) thererfore a complain for skinny hands is one of the frequent ones.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby priyam203 on April 9th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Thank you Yuliasir for the reply. I feel relieved now. :D
priyam203

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics