New type of twitch

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New type of twitch

Postby Pandy on April 2nd, 2014, 3:47 am

Hi all,

I have been twicthing for almost three years now, I have seen a number of neurologists but have no diagnosis of this day. According to the doctors there is no weakness even if I feel really weak in some parts of my body. My twitches are usually bodywide and random and very visible. I have had them everywhere, even inside my mouth, but they have come and gone.

Now I have a new type of twitch wich is located in my left biceps. The twitch is constant since 4 weeks and is very very fine. Since its twitching 24/7 I also feel exhausted in my left arm. My fear is that this fine twicth is something else then my "other twitches" which are very visible and strong. And the fact that the twitching does not stop scares me. I havent seen a neurologist in appr. one year now, I did a emg almost three years ago and a spinal tap last summer.

br
Pandy
Interested
Interested

Re: New type of twitch

Postby Yuliasir on April 2nd, 2014, 5:40 am

Pandy,
it is a hotspot, common issue in our condition.
No reason to panick really/
some of us have hotspots lasing for months.

my best regards
Yulia
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on April 2nd, 2014, 7:56 am

Pandy,

I have the EXACT same twitch going on in my left bicep right now but its been 8 weeks. I've also been twitching for 3 years, all over, including my tongue, roof of mouth, etc. On average, I feel about 20-30 "pops" per minute somewhere on my body with my calves and feet going nonstop. My bicep started up 8 weeks ago. For the first 4 weeks, it was thumping away and I could easily feel it. But for the past 4 weeks, its a very fine, constant twitch. Here's a video of it that I took 3 weeks ago. It looks exactly the same today. Has not stopped for one second....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNyYA39iYLg

-Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Pandy on April 2nd, 2014, 10:52 am

Thats Crazy, my biceps-twitch looks almost exactly like that. Not as frequent but very similar!

Do you get tired in that arm/biceps?
Pandy
Interested
Interested

Postby bobajojo on April 2nd, 2014, 11:38 am

I haven't noticed any muscle fatigue in my arms, no, although I know that is quite common with BFS. But the twitches in my arms have been driving me crazy. My bicep is constant, but on top of that, I get lots of "pops" and "machine gun" twitches all over my arms. If I stretch my arms up over my head for example, it will set off just about every muscle from my shoulder to my hand. My right bicep has been twitching a lot too, but not constant like my left. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby lcanela on April 3rd, 2014, 5:16 am

Pandy wrote:Hi all,

I have been twicthing for almost three years now, I have seen a number of neurologists but have no diagnosis of this day. According to the doctors there is no weakness even if I feel really weak in some parts of my body. My twitches are usually bodywide and random and very visible. I have had them everywhere, even inside my mouth, but they have come and gone.

Now I have a new type of twitch wich is located in my left biceps. The twitch is constant since 4 weeks and is very very fine. Since its twitching 24/7 I also feel exhausted in my left arm. My fear is that this fine twicth is something else then my "other twitches" which are very visible and strong. And the fact that the twitching does not stop scares me. I havent seen a neurologist in appr. one year now, I did a emg almost three years ago and a spinal tap last summer.

br

Hi Panfdy I had something similar but on my triceps, and I found out that the nerve which was not feeling happy was located in my shoulder, and I also found out that it happened because I used to sleep with my head over that arm. Solution: I put some cream to stop inflamation and stopped sleeping that way. I am not sure this will help you, but I hope it does.

Cheers.
lcanela

Postby perform on April 3rd, 2014, 6:46 am

I actually have recently got a left bicep hotspot as well. Hotspots spring up with BFS...just part of our day to day annoyance now
perform

Postby edado69 on April 7th, 2014, 9:36 am

bobajojo wrote:Pandy,

I have the EXACT same twitch going on in my left bicep right now but its been 8 weeks. I've also been twitching for 3 years, all over, including my tongue, roof of mouth, etc. On average, I feel about 20-30 "pops" per minute somewhere on my body with my calves and feet going nonstop. My bicep started up 8 weeks ago. For the first 4 weeks, it was thumping away and I could easily feel it. But for the past 4 weeks, its a very fine, constant twitch. Here's a video of it that I took 3 weeks ago. It looks exactly the same today. Has not stopped for one second....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNyYA39iYLg

-Matt

Same here on the left side. and now even the right groin. What an amazing (bothersome...) thumping. Constant. When you wake up with all the firework ongoing at night, going back to sleep is an impossible task.
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics