Stuff can hang around( from old timer)

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Stuff can hang around( from old timer)

Postby german on March 21st, 2014, 5:21 pm

I have been dealing with this stuff for 3.5 years so I feel i'm kind of an old timer with this stuff. I recently went through several months of conistantly being very stressed and anxious. This time I noticed the slow rise in SX before feeling what i'm feeling right now.
These SX still place thoughts in the back of my head but I try to stay focused and not let my mind run wild.
My issues started messing with my head again when my mouth SX kicked up. I noticed jaw tightness, chewing felt off again and when talking i notice times when i'll be speaking a sentance and though the word comes out right it felt like I drew the word out like saying "the rrrrug"( exaggerated but you get the point).
Fells like my mouth moved weird or like it was difficult to get out( kinda jaw "out of wack" feeling). Back and leg stiffened up and foot feels twitchy and tight.
This is after a long long time of 80% reduction of SX.
For all those who can relate or want to talk about this stuff, give me a shout.
german
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Stuff can hang around( from old timer)

Postby ShawnW on March 21st, 2014, 5:35 pm

Yep...got all that stuff...mainly better but flares up when I'm anxious.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby german on March 22nd, 2014, 5:43 pm

Yeah, I know many have gone through all that.
I posted this to let all you guys who fear the worst know that while i'm sure youve heard it before, I had sx that bothered me so much I was convinced something was very wrong. Most people who have gone through this for some time somehow bring enhanced validation to new folks questioning their docs.
I had 3 emg's, several mri's, rehumatological work up, immune work up, thyroid work up, gastrointestinal tests out the wazoo( pun intended). And this testing was taken over years.
So yeah, I was checked out just a bit
Any old timers out there have any comments?
german
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on March 22nd, 2014, 6:42 pm

german wrote:Yeah, I know many have gone through all that.
I posted this to let all you guys who fear the worst know that while i'm sure youve heard it before, I had sx that bothered me so much I was convinced something was very wrong. Most people who have gone through this for some time somehow bring enhanced validation to new folks questioning their docs.
I had 3 emg's, several mri's, rehumatological work up, immune work up, thyroid work up, gastrointestinal tests out the wazoo( pun intended). And this testing was taken over years.
So yeah, I was checked out just a bit
Any old timers out there have any comments?

Almost 9 years here. Twitching eventually became barely noticeable, except for occasional flare ups. However, my upper abs, neck and jaw have been messed up since this started. I can yawn and trigger a neck or jaw cramp. I can lift my knee towards my chest (standing and putting a sock on) and trigger an upper ab cramp. Sometimes I'll feel the abs tighten and feel weird all throughout the day, for weeks at a time, then it goes away for months. I've had the same periodically in my neck and jaw. I attribute it to the same unknown mechanism that appeared out of the blue 9 years ago. But overall, I feel great and I've gotten used to it. You'll live.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby german on March 25th, 2014, 3:46 pm

It seems that muscle tightening is very common with all this. I can remember 3 years ago when my muscles all hurt and it felt like my calves had been tightened down and like I ran barefoot on gravel. Seriously, thats how the bottom of my feet felt.
I also notice a common pattern of back pain and leg tightness. If I actually stick to the stretching it gets much better but when I don't do it and stress or anxiety comes on for a while it pops its head up again.
I do twitch but its not really bothersome other than mentally but most of us have sx that are quite a bit broader than just twitching. Weird
german
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby german on March 25th, 2014, 3:50 pm

The only thing I was ever guessed at having was fibro. After reading the fibro forums i found out that many of them twitch too. I think the whole "anxiety/ stress" thing has some validity.
german
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics