Gluten Intolerance

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Gluten Intolerance

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 19th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience with gluten emmie.s, but I can relate. Whether I realized I was eating it or not I would notice a sudden surge in symptoms and twitching. The most common allergy elimination technique that I am aware of is called NAET which stands for Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique. The website is NAET.com and you can find practitioners in your local area with it. Hopefully there is one close to you. If you can't find an NAET practitioner don't fret. There are other techniques that can accomplish the same goal.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on March 19th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Thank you for the info SAM!!!! I'm checking out the website today.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby emmie.s on March 23rd, 2014, 8:31 pm

SAM, I actually found a chiropractor in my neck of the woods who specializes in NAET and I plan to make an appointment soon. It looks really innovative, but of course i have my reservations because its not "mainstream." In the meanwhile, I cut out gluten and looked at labels religiously and of course my symptoms greatly improved. :D If its all in my head, then that would be even more phenomenal, because that means that I can create hotspots with my mind...I seriously doubt that, and I am certain it is something autoimmune that is triggering it and gluten exacerbates whatever the mechanism is. Thanks again for the info!!! If anyone else on the forum wants to pursue this with me, message me so that we can compare notes. :) I would love to get to the point where I can drink beer again, and not worry about getting a three day hotspot.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 23rd, 2014, 9:51 pm

emmie.s wrote:It looks really innovative, but of course i have my reservations because its not "mainstream."

Please realize that anything 'mainstream' is basically defined by the big industry behind it. In the case of medicine it is the pharmaceutical industry that defines what is 'mainstream' for medical practices. It is a multi-billion dollar industry and hence has a great deal of power and influence over the direction medicine and medical training takes. It is a simple case of 'follow the money'. NAET and allergy elimination techniques like it are acupressure based and therefore cannot be patented and do not require continual dependency on an endless supply of product that can be sold. Do you see a conflict of interest here? This is why natural forms of medicine are ridiculed and labeled as quackery. Most people cannot fathom the level of sociopathic behavior that would be required on such a grand scale.

With all of the science, technology, and knowledge available to medical researchers today though, does it make sense that conditions such as leaky gut syndrome are still so widely unknown? Food intolerance issues are largely ignored as factors in people's health conditions because the very nature of their business is part of the cause. Pharmaceuticals, chemicals, preservatives, and genetically modified foods are all contributing to the overall declining health of the population. It appears that there are very few people that are intentionally aware of the harm that is being done. The rest are part of the system and have been trained and conditioned to think and react just as you are. They trust that what they have been taught is right. They trust that the nature of the medical business has taken the course it has because it is the best and optimal one for people's health and not for profits. They also fear the scorn and ridicule of being associated with 'fringe' or quackery type practices. Nobody wants to be singled out as the crazy one or the different one. It's comfortable to go along with the masses and that is a big reason why the whole system works so well.

For whatever reason though sometimes a few people break away and discover that the mainstream is not the best or optimal path. In my case I cared more about getting better than I cared about what anyone would think of me. I listened to myself, that little voice inside that most of us ignore. I trusted in my own experience rather than letting someone else tell me what I should think. I got results, which is why I am rock solid in my conviction. Everything in nature that works does so for a reason. NAET, acupuncture/acupressure, and other similar medical practices work for a reason. The more I dove into the science behind how and why they work the more fascinated and impressed I became. All of that leads medicine in a direction that is incompatible with the multi-billion dollar industry that exists today though. It also leads health knowledge in a direction that is incompatible with the multi-billion dollar food industry among others. Sociopaths are very real and account for 1~2% of the worlds population. Because they crave wealth and power over others it stands very much to reason that there are some scary people in very powerful positions that do not have our best interests at heart. Yes this is terrifying but knowledge is power.

You must decide for yourself if you want to go down the rabbit hole. The potential payoff of NAET means pizza and beer again, although I strongly recommend moderation once you're back. The risk is that you go out on that limb to be called crazy as some people will inevitably see it that way. Do whatever you like, but be true to yourself and don't lose any sleep over your decision at night. No matter what you decide, as long as you can do that you will be just fine. Good luck.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics