Attention BFSers in Germany!!! Asking for advice

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Attention BFSers in Germany!!! Asking for advice

Postby Xina535 on February 25th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Hallo! I know there are some users here in Germany with me and I would like to ask them for some advice regarding medical insurance and the referral process over here, as I don't understand it so well. My husband doesn't know either, and doesn't know where to ask.

I have been diagnosed with fear and anxiety, and am being sent to a Rheumatologe for positive ANA next week, to see if I have something auto-immune.

Basically, for the last 8 months I've had scary symptoms, positive ANA, and the most the doctors have done is send me to psychologists, put me on meds for anxiety or given me acupunture or homeopathic medicine. None of that has acutally worked in the long term. I only had some labs done and one nerve conduction study, of my hands (although my leg pain was worse at the time and wondered why didn't they include my leg into the test). The results there were all normal (besides ANA).

What the hell? Why can't I get a scan of my thigh, since it has been bothering me for months now? Or scan my hands and arms, to see why I have pain? Why can't I get an EMG? Or an x-ray to see if there is something with my bones?

I would love to just go to the radiologist department in the hospital and ask for a complete CT or MRI scan of everything and pay for it myself if the doctors don't want it to come out of their budget! I could do this in the US (at least before), well the doctor would order the tests but it would be up to me to pay for them (whether by insurance or deductibles or self pay).

I am actually thinking of taking a trip back to the US, visit one center, once time, get all of the tests done, pay for it and finally have some REAL answers besides hearing "it's all just anxiety". I know I have anxiety and fear, I've had this my whole life, but I also know that something else is going on and I (and my family) want to get to the answers and on a treatment plan! I need some relief here!

I can't just go to my doctor and demand these tests done, here in Germany. From what I know...

Does anyone have advice on what my options are? Or where I should start? Don't I have rights to tests if I feel I need them, even if I pay for them, because I want second opinions on my diagnosis? Should I call my medical insurance company? Any advice will help me out! Danke!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Re: Attention BFSers in Germany!!! Asking for advice

Postby nrwtwitcher on March 18th, 2014, 11:24 am

Sorry Xina, I have not read your question before... You can go to private doctors or private radiologists. I have done this, because I had the same problems like you. You can also visit a clinic with a musculare center like for example Bonn, Bochum, Berlin and you can make a private appointment. You can also send me a PN, maybe I can help you.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Xina535 on March 25th, 2014, 10:28 am

Hi - I am trying to write you back to the messages that you sent me, but they are all stuck in my Outbox folder here on the website (I tried 3 times, and I have 3 mails in my Outbox). I only have 5 messages in total and only like 1% of my inbox memory used, so I am not sure why I can't write you back. :(

Can you try to send me another PM and with an e-mail address where I can reach you?

Vielen Dank!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on March 25th, 2014, 11:50 am

Dear Xina, sorry but I wasn`t online the last days. I have written a PM for a few minutes.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS