website is forbidden

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

website is forbidden

Postby Martini on March 5th, 2014, 11:18 am

I should better ask administrator about that, but I don't really want to bother him, so I hope you can help me.
For a long time I'm not able to visit aboutbfs.com. When I try to join website I have a message that it's restricted by my internet provider. I can't see any reasons why this site can be blocked. Also sometimes I have free access to website but it happens very rarely. I have no idea why it happens, because I use same computer/browser and do not change anything.
So I'm forced to use anonymouse .org(it's something like proxy or similar stuff) but it's really uncomfortable due to slow connection and advertisements on every page. It's also can't remember my login/pass.
I'm living in Saint-Petersburg, Russia and using Macbook with Safari browser.

Do you have any ideas why it's going on and how I can fix it?
Martini

Re: website is forbidden

Postby Martini on March 5th, 2014, 11:25 am

That's how it looks like. Bold text means "Dear users! We apologize, but access to this resource is restricted"
Martini

Postby Yuliasir on March 5th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Martini, it had happened to me sometimes in Russia.
Usually it means that this provider had blocked several dozens of IP becasue of Rospotrebnadzor had found something "wrong" (like suspected terrorism realted info, suicide, or just any other content which Russian government considers as worth to prohibit).
Looks like the only way is to use another provider or write to Rospotrebnadzor.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Martini on March 5th, 2014, 2:37 pm

The funny thing is that official website of Rospotrebnadzor says that aboutbfs.com isn't in "black list". So there is no reason to write them. And it's quite foolish to change my provider because one website.
Martini

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)