Grain Brain book

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Grain Brain book

Postby Randal on March 2nd, 2014, 6:42 am

hi

I just started reading this book i am very sure some of you will find it interesting. Is about how our diet may be the cause of many abnormalities in the central nervous system that many of us are having.

just try to find it in google. It was written by a neurologist.
Randal

Re: Grain Brain book

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 2nd, 2014, 4:24 pm

Diet was a huge factor for me. I also recommend 'Eat Right for your Blood Type'.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on March 3rd, 2014, 12:43 am

Randal wrote:hi

I just started reading this book i am very sure some of you will find it interesting. Is about how our diet may be the cause of many abnormalities in the central nervous system that many of us are having.

just try to find it in google. It was written by a neurologist.

Ab-so-friken-lutely.

The whole world of intestinal permeability and its effects on systemic inflammation levels, immune system dysfunctions, brain barrier permeability and nervous system dysfunction is gaining ground quite rapidly right now.

Its 100% legit, and following lifestyle changes like these brought me full circle to zero BFS symptoms.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on March 3rd, 2014, 4:48 pm

Diet modification worked for me. I still get random twitches that I notice at night sometimes, but it is nothing compared to the hot mess that I used to be. Hotspots, randoms, cramps, pain, ratchting, weak "feelings", you name it, I had it. Now, I go DAYS AND DAYS without noticing any sort of twitch. Used to be after I exercised, my legs and arches would fasciculate all over for at least an hour or two. Today, I did the rowing machine and the stair master and not one noticeable twitch followed. Its actually been like that for weeks.
So yes, bumping this thread for the newbies. Trying something, anything for improvement, is much better than sitting around using Dr. Google to find things that will scare you.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby ag2002 on March 3rd, 2014, 11:05 pm

I believe that diet and thinking positive thoughts are huge. The 4 things that I have done involving diet are:

1) Juicing and eating organic vegetables and fruits. I have started getting into gardening and it is amazing how much better it is to go in the backyard and get fresh vegetables versus getting them from the store. Get rid of the supplements. The only one I take now is fermented cod liver oil.

2) I gave up milk completely (that means cheeses, yogurt, milk). If you have to have milk, goat milk is better, it has different types of proteins that are not linked to autoimmune diseases and it is easier to digest. I also gave up glueten, but have been cheating a little on that lately.

3) I have included fermented foods to my diet. Cheaper than probiotic pills and more benefits. I make my own beet kvass, water keifer, sauerkraut, and pickles.

4) Stay away from prossessed foods. If you have to have them stay away from any food ingredient you can't pronounce. MSG is found in a lot of foods and is a lot of times labeled as natural flavor or some other name. Read labels.

I am still taking klonopin, so it is hard to tell if the medication is helping or lifestyle change. My twitches are minimal and I have hardly any of the sensations I used to have. I am praying everyone will be healed.

God Bless,
Jerad
ag2002

Postby chicagobfs on March 7th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Is this book mostly about gluten?
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor