My approach!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My approach!

Postby lcanela on February 26th, 2014, 6:24 am

I want to ask you guys… how many of you have spoken to other people explaining you have BFS like this:

You: I have BFS.
They: what is that?

( Here you explain to them)

They: oh yes it happens to me sometimes when I am stressed or I didn’t sleep well !
You: Oh yes but BFS is much worse, it never stops, it is spread all over my body!!

( the other person just makes a funny face, and does not know what to say, end of conversation)

After a couple of weeks…

They: hey, I remembered what you told me some time ago…
You: Why?
They: I noticed that I twitched when I was in bed…
You: Really ??
They: Yes…

End of story… they did not Google it, they did not think there is something else… they just thought, it is stress, and probably their stress levels were not so high.

I can infer that people ending up here are like me, researchers, smart, problems solvers. Other people who are different let’s say less smart, not researchers, or just calmed, just don’t worry... don’t check Google and don’t find those scary things that makes us feel worse and in many cases triggers our BFS (it happened to me like that, and you can see many testimonies of many BFS starters)… I wonder who is the smartest then? Ignorance = Happiness.

The more people I read here, the more I think the doctors are right. This is all Anxiety. We just don’t feel it, we don’t know how to acknowledge it but it is there, believe me!, it has been there for so long, you just don’t know it is not normal to feel like this.

I am starting to think that it is not BFS causing other symptoms, is the opposite, anxiety is telling you “ Hey you, you need to sort out something inside, something is bothering you “.

Whatever we take to relieve the symptoms is just that, helping us to cope, but the main issue remains there, and that one, is more dangerous than BFS, anxiety causes a lot of issues and cardiac problems, and it is proven to be the cause of over 80% of all diseases.

I know It sounds ridiculous for many people here, many people come here trying to find that they are just missing magnesium, so you take it, and that’s it… problem solved… we are looking outside ourselves for a cure…

In my case.. I don’t suffer from BFS anymore, but guess what?! Now I have other problems, now that I don’t care at all about twitching, my body is calling my attention in different ways, the stress needs to go out somehow, it cannot stay inside you, so you present somatization .

let’s think rationally…

If there is something wrong in our bodies, what are the chances that twitches just spread over the whole body exactly at the same time when we read ALS on Google? Really? So, you got ALS exactly at that moment?? What are the chances? 1 in 10000000000000000000000000?, why do we twitch more when we read on this site? Don’t you see the link? It is so obvious, it is amazing we still prefer to look somewhere else because this explanation is too simple, “ I must be sick, I am sure there is something wrong with me… “

Guys, it is clear for me now… we are smart, we worry about things, we like helping out other people( you can see it in this forum), we don’t only worry for ourselves, but, for many other people and situations which are not meant to be solved by us.. we are just wearing a heavy hat that no one asked us to wear; we have decided to do it for different individual reasons and we are used to it, but, on the long run, it takes out our resistance to cope with other issues.. i.e.

let’s say, a normal person can take 100 units of stress after they start having problems… our hat takes a lot of effort (let’s say 50 units)… then we only need 50 stress units more to be overwhelmed.

what if the answer is not outside but inside?

Paleo diet, pills, vitamins, all things that might help to reduce anxiety… of course whatever we do to help, it will, but maybe not enough… maybe paleo diet releases your body from 12 stress units, you were at 110, now you are at 98… but when something else happens you feel it again.

I don’t pretend to say that all the things we have found, are not right, adrenal gland issues, or many other issues are real, but anxiety and stress can cause those glands to stop working properly, and at the moment we find a cure for that gland, something else will happen, because we are not healing what needs to be healed.

Ask yourself: What is bothering me? what is happening in my life that is causing me to feel overwhelmed? what can I change to start being myself?

Practice Yoga, relaxation techniques, breathing techniques I think that is the key!!!

Find yourself guys, a pear seed will always grow as a pear tree, many of us are trying to grow into something different than we are… think what kind of seed you are, accept it and enjoy it, you life will be much easier!

I don’t pretend to be the owner of the truth, I am just sharing my point, and I hope it will help other people as it has helped me.

Have a nice day!
lcanela

Re: My approach!

Postby RGB on February 26th, 2014, 9:29 am

A great post Icanela!

lcanela wrote:End of story… they did not Google it, they did not think there is something else… they just thought, it is stress, and probably their stress levels were not so high.

I remember reading of a telephone survey through which they established that 50% of people report fasciculations. That's an interesting figure. However, the really interesting figure is how many of those people thought "Hang on, why are some medical researchers asking if my muscles twitch? Why does that matter? I should probably google it" :)

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ShawnW on February 26th, 2014, 3:46 pm

One of the better posts I have read. I believe you are right on.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on February 26th, 2014, 8:06 pm

On the note of this, I was speaking to my best mate around 4 weeks ago and I mentioned the fact I twitch all the time to him.

He goes "Oh yeah me too." (I find a lot of people say this).

I responded by saying "Yeah but mine is a syndrome, I twitch hundreds of times a day and constantly in my feet"

And he goes, "yeah me too, always have, I don't even notice them though these days. But if you see me sitting somewhere just watch my arms and legs and you're likely to see twitches"

To which I respond "But you actually reckon you twitch a hundred times a day EVERYDAY?!"

"Yes."

"Oh Ok ..."

LOL.....
Gamindsoc1509

Postby Seepi27 on February 26th, 2014, 9:48 pm

lcanela wrote:
I can infer that people ending up here are like me, researchers, smart, problems solvers. Other people who are different let’s say less smart, not researchers, or just calmed....
Guys, it is clear for me now… we are smart, we worry about things, we like helping out other people....

Have you ever considered the possibility that it's the ones who DON'T obsess over their twitches who may be the smart ones in this equation?

And have you ever considered that your twitching might have been caused by your gross over-estimation of your own intellectual capabilities?

Just something for you to think - or research - about. Since you're smart and all.
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby lcanela on March 3rd, 2014, 6:22 am

Seepi27 wrote:
lcanela wrote:
I can infer that people ending up here are like me, researchers, smart, problems solvers. Other people who are different let’s say less smart, not researchers, or just calmed....
Guys, it is clear for me now… we are smart, we worry about things, we like helping out other people....

Have you ever considered the possibility that it's the ones who DON'T obsess over their twitches who may be the smart ones in this equation?

And have you ever considered that your twitching might have been caused by your gross over-estimation of your own intellectual capabilities?

Just something for you to think - or research - about. Since you're smart and all.

Question 1: Of course i have, you just need to keep reading... " I wonder who is the smartest then? Ignorance = Happiness."

Question 2: Assuming this is a serious question ( not sarcastic), I’ll answer as polite as I can:

I never thought about it, but, my psychologist ( I am going now in order to understand the reason of my anxiety and how to manage it in a better way) suggested that in my family there were huge expectations about me having to achieve many things ( ) and they set the bar so high that it creates tension as I have always unconsciously tried not to disappoint them.

I can see you are very smart. And you are here checking on solutions and researching... so you fit in the described profile!

Maybe I should have said, we are "analitical people" instead of "smart" to avoid another "analitical people" like you to get upset about this post which only intends to help.

I hope it helps!
lcanela

Postby lcanela on March 3rd, 2014, 6:22 am

Seepi27 wrote:
lcanela wrote:

Question 1: Of course i have, you just need to keep reading... " I wonder who is the smartest then? Ignorance = Happiness."

Question 2: Assuming this is a serious question ( not sarcastic), I’ll answer as polite as I can:

I never thought about it, but, my psychologist ( I am going now in order to understand the reason of my anxiety and how to manage it in a better way) suggested that in my family there were huge expectations about me having to achieve many things ( ) and they set the bar so high that it creates tension as I have always unconsciously tried not to disappoint them.

I can see you are very smart. And you are here checking on solutions and researching... so you fit in the described profile!

Maybe I should have said, we are "analitical people" instead of "smart" to avoid another "analitical people" like you to get upset about this post which only intends to help.

I hope it helps!
lcanela

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics