Gatorade to the Rescue, Again.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Gatorade to the Rescue, Again.

Postby stephane28 on February 20th, 2013, 2:11 am

I can find Gatorade in France. Much a better taste thand Powerade. I try to drink 1 litter a day. I wish I could find big bottles instead of the 500 ml onea. It seems to lower my muscle soreness but not sure if Gatorade is the cause of this little relief. Anyway I drink this a lot during/after exercise since it depply hydrates the body so I guess it's good again soreness and cramps, like water.
stephane28
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aztwitchy on February 20th, 2013, 2:49 am

christo wrote:I think it's because it contains brominated vegetable oil which is forbidden in EU for some rare health issues reported.

Which is weird because only the orange and green Gatorade contain that....I believe blue and red do not. Personally I like the natural Gatorade...less sugar and no weird ingredients
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby jerry2 on February 20th, 2013, 4:33 am

Ah, I see, thanx.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby Fabiola on March 26th, 2013, 7:25 pm

Thanks Johnytejet.. yes this thing is like the scientific method.. GOD patience please.. I really don´t know what else to do... Now I´m with an inmunologist who found a bacteria called leptospira that could be the cause... but the treatment takes 3 months... besides I don´t know if follow the doctor´s advice to complement with clonezepam to relax... how difficult is to solve this problem__!!!
Fabiola

Postby lcanela on March 27th, 2013, 5:12 am

A Bacteria?? interesting.. please share with us if you find something useful!

Cheers!
lcanela

Postby Fabiola on March 27th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Of course Icanela I'll do it if something useful happens, I hope so!! big hug, keep in touch, we're all in the same boat so let's keep the hope :-)
Fabiola

Postby UFGatorGuy20 on February 24th, 2014, 5:06 pm

I read your "cure to BFS." I'm totally on board. I ordered all the supplements (minus the B vitamin complex without B6). I was COMPLETELY against Gatorade for years... even though my school invented it. I just thought it had too many sugars and extra ingredients. After reading your thread, I went out and bought some yellow Gatorade. I'm drinking probably 16oz a day, but I've noticed a dramatic reduction in fasciculations. My calves still fire pretty often, but dramatically reduced in the odd places (lips, eyes, above my ears, temples, triceps, shoulders, private areas) since I started the Gatorade about 4 days ago. I will risk the Yellow #5 for now...
UFGatorGuy20

Postby BFSBurger on March 3rd, 2014, 1:00 am

UFGatorGuy20 wrote: I went out and bought some yellow Gatorade. I'm drinking probably 16oz a day, but I've noticed a dramatic reduction in fasciculations.

Crazy isn't it?

I hope the naysayers are paying attention. They never seem to speak up when the positive reports appear. But I am happy to hear it helped you.

This really isn't a debate. I only shared it because it worked. I spent weeks theorizing on the "why" but thats all I could do. Theorize. I played with the whole "electrolytes" thing (helps with muscle misfiring) and sodium potassium channel disorder (which causes twitching too), and the adrenal fatigue thing (also tied to twitching) ... found several parenting forums where parents discuss the Gatorade cure for their kids with twitching and muscle issues. Mitochondrial dysfunction. You name it. to this day I still drink the Yellow gatorade daily. Not mass quantities. Just a small glass of it with lunch and one with dinner. HUGE decrease in twitching when I first started.

And here's the kicker: Once you can start to find cause and effect with your symptoms, this is what you do - - - you continue doing those things which result in fewer symptoms. I truly believe that is the key to this. Its an *absence* of agitators that results in long term calm in the body. So gatorade works for you. Now you have 1 thing that knocks your crap down a notch. The other things in my regimen also helped. Exercise was *HUGE* for me (thank you SuziQ!). Controlled, full body, minor exertion exercise with deep breathing and minimal aerobic. Followed by ample ample ample rest. I can not tell you how many symptoms "calmed" down once I began physical therapy. The most potent anti inflammatory drug you can take, is careful exercise.

Anyways, im glad to hear it helped. I knew I wasn't imagining things. As for the sugars ... I try to think of it this way - body needs simple sugars (especially after exercise), so its not so bad. Better yet, I was eating junk food, cookies, soda sometimes, etc ... and I cut all of those out when I did my lifestyle changes. So a little sugar in the gatorade was actually a 90% reduction in my "crap" intake. My big concern with Gatorade was the BVO (Brominated Vegetable Oil). Fortunately, within 1 month of me starting on the Gatorade, they announced the removal of it. So that worked out well.

Keep sticking to anti inflammatory food intakes as much as possible. I avoid arginine containing foods, stimulants of any kind, etc. It helps a LOT. No chocolate, peanuts, coffee, redbull, etc. Dead Sea Salt baths were unbelievably calming to my body when things were bad. I think it was the bromine/bromide in it, which is a central nervous system sedative. That's my theory at least. Even Tart Cherry Juice has anti inflammatory effects on the body, and I have a little of that daily. Stress control, rest, sleep, sleep sleep ... calm ... sitting in the park under a tree .... dont laugh .... all huge for this. Getting your mind off it? Even bigger. When I finally got a puppy that dominated every waking hour of my day, my BFS said a final goodbye after lingering as minor jiggles for several weeks.

I remember a time when BFS was at its wors, just sitting in my car, feeling completely AGITATED. For no reason. My whole body ... even my mind ... racing. Whatever this is, messes with our stress system and nerves directly. Its a long, difficult, and concerted process of calming the system from 100 different angles, both inside and out. Somehow I managed to do it.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on March 5th, 2014, 9:03 pm

Gatorade isn't banned in Australia at all ...
Gamindsoc1509

Postby veryworried123 on March 6th, 2014, 12:03 am

I wish I could just drink Gatorade and my twitches go away

If only it were that easy
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous